New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a serious problem. Maybe I am the only one, dunno.

But I keep returning to Dyche. Not a clue why, but sommet makes me think he would fit Everton. He is certainly a better manager and that than the hipsters would lead you to believe, and he could deffo take the heat.

Hug me better.

The problem with Dyche for me is why has he never pushed for a bigger move? He is signing a new contract with Burnley which to me shows he’s content with that level and plodding along with overachieving. He’s had plenty of opportunities to move clubs imo. He’s a less attractive version of Moyes in terms of Football style.

He's done amazing at Burnley, top manager for a team like Burnley.

The reason he SHOULD be ruled out is because he only knows how to play one way in this league and that's to sit back and defend with a big horrible lanky team.

Nothing but respect for the job he's done at Burnley, but the Everton job is a million miles away from the burley Job.

I'd be gutted if he got the job.
I think you're implying that Dyche might get us playing the deep, defensive football that he's done at Burnley. Unfortunately, at Everton with its extra resources, he might actually be tempted to try to create an expansive football style that he isn't competent at, and which could turn out far worse in terms of results than being defensive. Horses for courses, and Dyche probably isn't the horse for this particular course.

It needs to be someone who gets what we're about. We are not about Hollywood managers. I cringe when I see Pirlo linked with us. Nuno would be OK, but I put him on the same level as Howe, and Howe gets us more, being an Everton fan. Martinez got what the club is about...and I wonder what he'd be like with money and a defensive coach now that he's got more experience...
Some of the football we played under Martínez was a joy to watch. But you always felt like we needed to score 2 to get some sort of result. eddieHowe I feel would be similar.

Nuno is probably not everyone’s cup of tea but he does have a good balance from defence to attack. he could surprise us if he was appointed.

I’d say the pool of managers that may be available are going to split opinion. For good reason too.

Just got to get behind who ever it is.

I doubt we will ever have an almost unanimous feel of acceptance & positivity like we did with the bloke that’s just left. (Yes, I still can’t say his name)

Think we just need accept that and see what plays out and get behind him. We’ll never please everyone

I think you're implying that Dyche might get us playing the deep, defensive football that he's done at Burnley. Unfortunately, at Everton with its extra resources, he might actually be tempted to try to create an expansive football style that he isn't competent at, and which could turn out far worse in terms of results than being defensive. Horses for courses, and Dyche probably isn't the horse for this particular course.

I am implying that yes, I cant imagine dyche coming here and changing everything he's based the last 6/7 years on his career on. That in itself is a massive gamble.

I feel like with the current list of managers linked we should just spin a wheel and see who it lands on.

That says it all.

I’ve thought about it and I’d take a punt on Graham Potter. He’s got an identifiable style of play, something we’ve lacked for years, his teams work bloody hard, again something we rarely do, and the xG was through the roof. If his name was Giuseppe Potterino the football hipsters would be all over him.
I agree, I think he might just be the right man for the job. Always impresses when interviewed.

The problem with Dyche for me is why has he never pushed for a bigger move? He is signing a new contract with Burnley which to me shows he’s content with that level and plodding along with overachieving. He’s had plenty of opportunities to move clubs imo. He’s a less attractive version of Moyes in terms of Football style.
There is this image problem around him. Better for his own career that he can stay at Burnley rather than sideways moves to Palace. Why wouldn't he sign a contract extension. The guy is a millionaire, so fair play to him. I'd rather not consider him for Everton, but the bad press he gets is unwarranted. He has done a terrific job there by any standard and I think people will see that only when he leaves Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.