New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the dullness of the last few months basically anyone not named Nuno or Dyche would make it more exciting. So his name isn't going to ring out the same, Carlo showed us that doesn't matter.
I mean the process of getting him in. Not what followed.

Not a single Everton fan can tell me they weren’t made up getting him as our manager. And if they do, they’re lying.

I honestly don’t think I’ve felt that kind of excitement since I was a lot younger

Well who do you want then? Eddie Howe? Conte's already turned down Spurs, a "top six" club with a world class stadium. I doubt he'd come our way though it'd be great.
There's not many galactico coaches jousting for the job!
A couple of days ago I posted in detail the type of manager we need and later my top 5 picks.
Briefly - a manager who has had some success but is eager and hungry to prove themselves in the Prem. Neither an inexperienced manager who would learn on the job nor a superstar manager who is doing us a favour and only here for the paycheck.
My top 5 was
Favre , Galtier , Ten Hag , Sergio and Rangnick. All managers who have had sucess in other leagues and who may be wanting to prove themselves at the top table.

I’ve thought about it and I’d take a punt on Graham Potter. He’s got an identifiable style of play, something we’ve lacked for years, his teams work bloody hard, again something we rarely do, and the xG was through the roof. If his name was Giuseppe Potterino the football hipsters would be all over him.
I know he is a promising coach but I would need to see a bit more in actual results from Potter before I felt comfortable with him as manager. Even Nuno has achieved more.

I know he is a promising coach but I would need to see a bit more in actual results from Potter before I felt comfortable with him as manager. Even Nuno has achieved more.
Did we ever really find out what happened with that cut on his eye? He made up some fairytale about falling into a fence on the beach didn't he as if that happened come on Potter lad we aren't think. I reckon he got it trying to touch some fellas johnson. They're all at it down there it's a weird place even the junkies bum each others heads in. No harm in that of-course, each to their own. He would be a terrible choice. Mind you he'd spend quite a bit of dough in the Lisbon.

Because;

- the fact Germany were not winning stuff when he got there in 2004 but he was part of getting them back on track

- he’s proven he can oversee a long term project at international level so he could potentially do it at club level too

- you’d hope he’d command respect from the players due to the WC winners medal

- we have a DoF who can help with the transition, so he’s not just getting dropped in and being asked to do it all himself

- his work at youth level in Germany suggests he could help develop and improve our own youth set up

- his style of play would appease the section of our fan base who finds that important

- this is his last tournament, so no fee to get him

- he’s a genuinely interesting appointment in a field of uninspiring ones

Yes, it’s a gamble, but if it can work then it’d be amazing. I’d like us to try it if he’s interested
Well structured argument and , yes you're right , it would be interesting .
However his time out of club football probably makes it too much of a gamble for me.

"Hit the big man!"

Town-Crier-800.jpg
Too much red on the kit and far too many sponsors logos. It's a no from me.

Potter stylistically will clash with our fans the same way Martinez did.

We need for a lack of better phrasing "heavy metal" type manager than a Pep possession type.

Intensity, Work rate, Fight for the shirt, Attack at pace fits our club best.

Hence why many see Simeone as the dream appointment because he might not "get" Everton but his style blends with our fan base perfectly.

I don't see tiki taka ever truly being embraced by our fans particularly the regular goers to Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.