New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Frank Lampard could do a job.
He did ok at Derby. Got Chelsea far too soon in manager apprenticeship. Hes young, aggressive, successful in his own playing days.
Hes got a point to prove. He will know people in the game
Midfielders tend to know more about the game too.
He would spot straight away we havent got a midfield
To be honest he wouldn’t be my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice. But If the club are going down the British manager or British based manager. Lampard would be my choice.

We all remember him as a player, real hunger and desire, will to win. apparently he was a very dedicated when it came to training and trying to improve. And he’s a very intelligent man.

Got derby to a play off final, they’ve dropped like a stone since. Chelsea first season top4 and a cup final. I think a bit of inexperience cost him last season. These big expensive signings weren’t gelling and he was constantly trying different players and systems.

Tuchel comes in and basically went back to basics. Quite defensive, hard to beat. Werner still was poor for Tuchel, Havertz improved a bit , but was hardly looking like an 80mil pound player. It was like if we score first ( like v city) it’s fine. If we concede first ( v Leicester) we run out of ideas.

I liked his interview after the defeat at goodison he seems angry, which is a good thing. Went on about his young players playing well( 2ng half they had a lot of the play) but making poor decisions. And he ended by saying, they won’t be making them wrong decisions next season or the season after.

He seems to have a style, not afraid to play youngsters. He will have something to prove. I feel he could be a good manager to build something with over a few years.

Moyes: banned the greatest ever manager and Evertonian, Howard Kendall, from Finch Farm.

Never forget, never forgive.
This is a well trodden path and not unique to us. Occurs across all managerial spectra and something Moyes will have been advised to implement when learning his trade. It’s nothing personal.

We need a refresh of the board, as well as playing staff and coaching staff.

In hindsight in recent years we’ve had the current Real, Barca and Belgium managers at the helm.

It’s a shame about Conte going to Spurs, I think we absolutely need someone who will knock the slack out of the squad and take no prisoners.

I wouldn’t even waste our time with the usual suspects.

The club needs to take a risk and go for someone who can turn things around and get the players on board (if we can’t attract a truly top drawer manager).

Glad Carlo has left, he’s like a dolly bird who flatters to deceive then does one.
Not sure Dunc is a problem, maybe the situation on motivation might of been even worse if he wasn’t there.
We could get another ‘dolly bird’ manager but it won’t last long.
We need a modern manager, with modern tactics/methods, hungry to prove him/herself in the Prem by pushing on a mid table team, with good funds behind them.
May not be popular
'Dolly bird'. Now that really takes me back a lorra, lorra, decades. :)

I mean, I know we don't know what's going on internally but you HAVE to imagine Galtier should be near the very very top of the list of a well run club, no?

You would have some sort of hope really... but as we know being evertonians, its the hope that kills you!

We need a refresh of the board, as well as playing staff and coaching staff.

In hindsight in recent years we’ve had the current Real, Barca and Belgium managers at the helm.

It’s a shame about Conte going to Spurs, I think we absolutely need someone who will knock the slack out of the squad and take no prisoners.

I wouldn’t even waste our time with the usual suspects.

The club needs to take a risk and go for someone who can turn things around and get the players on board (if we can’t attract a truly top drawer manager).
Martinez had serious flaws despite being a cracking bloke and I think Koeman was hamstrung by atrocious recruitment, for which he is presumably partially to blame.

I don’t think we will attract a really top name so it will have to be someone hungry to succeed. I think that also means some of our so-called stars leaving.

This sentence 100%... we need someone to come in and shake it up and take no prisoners, I thought Carlo would be the one with his experience and approach, but maybe again with the father figure type manager its not enough for this squad.

This sentence 100%... we need someone to come in and shake it up and take no prisoners, I thought Carlo would be the one with his experience and approach, but maybe again with the father figure type manager its not enough for this squad.
They need to get rid of all the players who aren’t happy to be at the club or aren’t hungry to succeed here. Suspect that would be most of the squad mind you!

Martinez had serious flaws despite being a cracking bloke and I think Koeman was hamstrung by atrocious recruitment, for which he is presumably partially to blame.

I don’t think we will attract a really top name so it will have to be someone hungry to succeed. I think that also means some of our so-called stars leaving.
Koeman was a golf course manager who had neither the time nor the work ethic and couldn't man-manage. We brought him on the strength of his playing career and a decent season at Soton. He was around long enough, you could see the warning signs.

Hopefully we don't go down that road again. It would be catastrophic.

I would give Dunc a season.
He has passion, loyalty and would of learnt a few tricks off Ancelotti
Those on here saying his results and the teams performance were crap whilst he was in charge have limited memory.
Not even the most optimistic of us would have expected him to get much from this awful Silva side but he did.
Duncan was immediately faced with league games against Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal, plus a Carabao Cup clash against Leicester City.

Everton came out of those games with five points, beating Chelsea and drawing with United and the Gunners, while they were only knocked out by high-flying Leicester on penalties.

SatDec
7​
2019​
12.30pm
PremHChelseaW
3​
-​
1​
39,114​
Richarlison Calvert-Lewin D 2Sky S
SunDec
15​
2019​
2.00pm
PremAMan UtdD
1​
-​
1​
73,328​
Lindelöf V (og)Sky S
WedDec
18​
2019​
7.45pm
LC QFHLeicesterD
2​
-​
2​
39,027​
Davies T Baines L (pens 2-4)
SatDec
21​
2019​
12.30pm
PremHArsenalD
0​
-​
0​
39,336​
BT S
https://talksport.com/football/646257/duncan-ferguson-everton-moment-of-class-arsenal/#

...I think there’s always a place for quality as long as the blend is right. As you say, Beckham didn’t go past players, he shifted it to get half a yard with fantastic delivery. Sheedy was similar only he had a Rolls Royce of a full-back behind him.

I think too much is made of systems, I often refer to successful sides being a good blueprint for Managers of today to start with. The ‘85 side;

a truly top goalkeeper
3 of the back four with Rolls Royce engines
2 full backs with brilliant crossing ability
2 CMs who rarely crossed the half-way line; hunted as a pair, won possession and gave it to playmakers
2 wide midfielders with great quality in possession, terrific creative ability & providing excellent goalscoring contribution
2 industrious & combative strikers, working as a pair, linking play, scoring goals, nightmare to play against

With the added ingredient of attitude & blend. I’m sure it would still work today.
I mean let's be clear here, what you're talking about there is effectively a system, you're just not using the word. I feel like some people don't really understand what people mean when they talk about systems, identities, and styles - it's not some hipster jargon, it's basically just saying that there's a structure underpinning what you're doing, rather than it just being haphazard. Ancelotti didn't seem to have that, it was never clear to me what exactly he wanted Doucoure and Allan to actually do in the midfield for example, it wasn't clear what the plan for James was (did we sign him to play wide in a front 3, as a 10, as an impact sub etc). It seemed like we were just collecting 'good' players, and then sending them out hoping that was enough to win the game. I said weeks ago that it was very difficult to know who would be a good signing for us because I had no idea how we wanted to play. That isn't the case for most good teams. If you see a player linked to Liverpool, City, United etc you can usually say whether they'd be a good fit or not, but you can't do that here. That's all people are saying, that the club should have some sort of template where you know what an Everton player looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.