New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, it is important that we hire a manager who has experience, and who has proven that he can implement a style of play almost regardless of the quality of the players. This is an important characteristic of a good manager.

Managers like Lampard and Pirlo should go down a few levels, and prove there that they master the managerial profession. It is possible that both are very good managers, but they have far too little experience and to be a manager for Everton requires that you have experience and are confident in yourself and your philosophy.

I don’t think we will attract a really top name so it will have to be someone hungry to succeed.
Statements like that sum up the attitude club wide. Was Carlo Ancelotti on anyones mind before Moshiri went calling? He damn sure wasn’t on mine because I thought he was out of our reach. But they stepped up and paid him and he came here. And in short order he got a few top notch players in as well.

Yeah we just got burned badly by him and are likely to lose a couple of those players to. But top drawer talent has no incentive to come here right now. And IMHO, if we go directly back to the unproven type of managers; we are signaling to the rest of the league that our ambitions are strictly mid-table ones. I can guarantee that the people that control the money meant to build that amazing stadium would NOT be content building that stadium for a team whose most reliable quality is finishing in the top half SOME of the time.

Managers come and go. Players come and go. Very, very few of them will ever become invested in the club in the way that we supporters do. It is no more than a (very well paid) job to them.
All this speculation may be fun, but none of 'us' will have any say in the appointment.
SOMEBODY will be appointed Everton manager and regardless of how successful or unsuccessful they were in previous jobs they should get our full support.*

*provided they're not a big fat gravy guzzling corrupt slimeball obviously.

At this point only Moyes would make sense to me, for 3 reasons:

1. He's loyal, knows the club inside and out.
2. He has proven himself again in the PL with West Ham.
3. He will now he backed more financially like never before.

Give him the same 4 years people wanted to give the Italian Fraud and he will I am sure stabilise the club, not take crap from sulking players. If he can work properly with Brands, veto any of his crap ideas and bring in high potential players, I don't a see a reason why in 3 years time we can't be sustainable around top 6.

We've taken too many gambles thanks to poor appointments and seeking refuge in over priced discards and frauds like Carlo. We can illafford another gamble.
1. He just signed a 3 year deal at West Ham
2. He got luck this year that’s it
3. Will he though?

This is where we need to let go of the emotional petty issues behind and not let them come in between fot the club's sake.

Football is a business mate. Even if all managers attend Harvard Ethics School, making such statements does not make them any less in today's world.

Hypothetically, imagine if Rafael Benitez comes in, ends up winning Carabao Cup for all I care. 10 years down the line, the mewer generation would remember him as one who won our 1st trophy in 25+ years. Or would they rather we not win a cup cos he once called us a 'small club'.

Let sentimemts be on one side, grow up as a fanbase and club and be a 70% business, 30% emotional club. We are currently 80% emotional and 20% business minded club, ready to fill out our 'hurt feelings form' as any one who offends us.
Would the RS appoint any ex Everton managers?? No they wouldn’t, would the appoint ex Everton players??.. no they wouldn’t...why would we appoint one of them?

Statements like that sum up the attitude club wide. Was Carlo Ancelotti on anyones mind before Moshiri went calling? He damn sure wasn’t on mine because I thought he was out of our reach. But they stepped up and paid him and he came here. And in short order he got a few top notch players in as well.

Yeah we just got burned badly by him and are likely to lose a couple of those players to. But top drawer talent has no incentive to come here right now. And IMHO, if we go directly back to the unproven type of managers; we are signaling to the rest of the league that our ambitions are strictly mid-table ones. I can guarantee that the people that control the money meant to build that amazing stadium would NOT be content building that stadium for a team whose most reliable quality is finishing in the top half SOME of the time.
Just because we won’t get Conte or Simeone doesn’t mean we can’t attract a very good, ambitious manager who is capable of pushing the team up the league and competing for trophies.

And? Are you suggesting that appointing serial winner Carlo Ancelotti wasn't an ambitious appointment? Looks like my point went way over your head so have another read.
Appointing Ancelotti in itself was an ambitious appointment. Appointing Ancelotti and expecting him to get a tune out of the players we had wasn't particularly ambitious, in fact it was pretty nonsensical. There's no point in us getting a Conte or whatever and not giving them the tools they need to succeed, we'd be much better getting someone who actually has some sort of track record of improving teams. Just getting a big name for the sake of them being a big name is not ambitious at all, it's actually the definition of small time.

Coming around to the fact that we could do with a younger, up-and-coming manager who'll have a clear idea of what he wants to do at Everton from day one. Someone whom isn't afraid to bust some balls should the need arise and to actually coach the players..

Most importantly though, they need to actually want to be in it for the long haul.

Coming around to the fact that we could do with a younger, up-and-coming manager who'll have a clear idea of what he wants to do at Everton from day one. Someone whom isn't afraid to bust some balls should the need arise and to actually coach the players..

Most importantly though, they need to actually want to be in it for the long haul.

Who is your suggestion? Potter or Lampard? Just curious who you think fits your comment....

Status
Not open for further replies.