New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure mate, think there's a few more Brands ones. Delph etc.

Also think when you sign players from 'their' clubs like Iwobi, or dream clubs like from Barcelona - you can't be surprised when their application perhaps isn't what Ben Godfrey's is.

More you think of the Iwobi signing the more baffling it gets. Still don't understand it.

Surely the worst we've ever done.

Coleman, pickford, Ancelotti and Siggy all commented on how bad attitude was.

No manager in the world will do anything till these players are gone.
It's the back room staff plus Ferguson.

They are undermining EVERY Everton manager that gets appointed.

The best thing to happen would be Nuno to come in with his 8 man entourage and the club slings the ex player clique out for good.

The best thing to happen would be Nuno to come in with his 8 man entourage and the club slings the ex player clique out for good.
No it's really not.

Exactly, so it seems once again the issue is mainly the average quality of players. I honestly don't think it matters who we get as manager, you're not going to get much more than 59 points out of them.

This is it.

Carlo knew what would be required in the summer he said as much on the last game of the season.

I just can’t understand how people believe any other manager is going to come in and change the attitudes and mentality of the players. Silva couldn’t do it, Ferguson managed it for 2 games before they reverted, Ancelotti got 1/2 games of it if he was lucky.

We knew a major overhaul was needed. Now Ancelotti’s departure has messed it all up. Summer plans will be out the window. New manager will keep hold of the duds and want to test them out.

Only hope is that Brands is dealing with this and already has clubs lined up for them and informs the manager of this.

Kind of agree but isn’t this exactly what you had a go at Moyes for doing with Kendall a few posts back? Unsure of the back story so apologies if I have that wrong.
Ultimately I’m agreeing with you though, we need to lose this sentimental old old guard mentality.

It's strange though, in that those sort of players have sort of gone out of fashion currently or at least aren't utilised in the same way. I always thought Beckham lacked a yard of pace to be a top player, but was a very good one. I could imagine he would play at right back now with the way the fad is for modern fullbacks to be attacking players.

Giggs I think would be played across a front 3, quite possibly from the right side. He would be arguably more valuable in today's game.

...I think there’s always a place for quality as long as the blend is right. As you say, Beckham didn’t go past players, he shifted it to get half a yard with fantastic delivery. Sheedy was similar only he had a Rolls Royce of a full-back behind him.

I think too much is made of systems, I often refer to successful sides being a good blueprint for Managers of today to start with. The ‘85 side;

a truly top goalkeeper
3 of the back four with Rolls Royce engines
2 full backs with brilliant crossing ability
2 CMs who rarely crossed the half-way line; hunted as a pair, won possession and gave it to playmakers
2 wide midfielders with great quality in possession, terrific creative ability & providing excellent goalscoring contribution
2 industrious & combative strikers, working as a pair, linking play, scoring goals, nightmare to play against

With the added ingredient of attitude & blend. I’m sure it would still work today.

Utter waffle

6 managers come and go (Barcelona, Real Madrid and Belgium) and the backroom staff are responsible?!?!?

HAHA FFS

I am now waiting for you to blame Baines

I find it very hard to believe that Duncan Ferguson’s presence is a key factor in us being complete and utter wank, especially as the couple of peformances under his management actually looked to have players motivated (even if the style of footy was gash)

I know, I mean, as if actual respected managers would just move on and let hm carry on if this was case. They arent even telling Mosh, they are keeping it a secret.

WHat an incredible thing to make up

100% every coach at the club need to go, every 1 of them, every age group, Womens team and reserves. Physios gone, dietitians gone, fitness coaches anyone involved with traning and player performance... if they can't weed out any problems then carpet bomb the whole lot and reset.

100% every coach at the club need to go, every 1 of them, every age group, Womens team and reserves. Physios gone, dietitians gone, fitness coaches anyone involved with traning and player performance... if they can't weed out any problems then carpet bomb the whole lot and reset.
No, just those with first team and academy dealings. We all know who the clique are.

Not sure mate, think there's a few more Brands ones. Delph etc.

Also think when you sign players from 'their' clubs like Iwobi, or dream clubs like from Barcelona - you can't be surprised when their application perhaps isn't what Ben Godfrey's is.

Delph was bad, but I think there quite often is value in a “super” club’s castoff player. Digne for example, or Pienaar often have the attitude to improve / prove people wrong that is really beneficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.