New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure guess work from me, but I’d imagine a lot of journalists over the years have got to know bill and some of the people around him.

I doubt many have Moshiri on speed dial. So they’re either getting 3rd hand information from Bills side. Or they’re or looking at previous managers linked and putting 2amd 2 together.

The media ( even the local ones) see us as a mid table club. So it’s the Howes’s, Dyche’s getting linked.

While that superstar club Spurs, it’s conte, poch, Alegri

Baffles me how so many hang off the every word the media / athletic spout.

Like they have a clue whats going on in the background - best to just wait and see.

Neto didn't come because of Nuno, he came because of Jorge Mendes.

A Wolves fan, posted earlier that Nuno was too loyal to Mendes too, so for every Neto, you get a Fabio Silva.... which I really, really don't want.

That is maybe unfair I think, Fabio Silva is still only 18. He had only started a handful of professional games before he joined Wolves and was probably planned to be eased in to the team with a few sub appearances here and there. Instead he's been pushed in with Raul getting seriously injured and started more frequently.

It was always going to be a challenge for an 18 year old to adapt quickly in a new country, new language, new club, new team mates, the culture, the weather, a big price over him. I have some sympathy, it is early for him to be labelled a flop.

Last edited:

Left field, if we’re looking for managers who know what the premier league is all about, Ralph Hassenhuttl has done a good job at Southampton. No budget, small squad, has a clear plan and identity. They fall away with injuries generally but maybe with more resources and a bigger squad could do a job.

Didn’t work out too well last time we nicked a Southampton manager though...shudder.
He’s also been pumped 9-0 in a game two seasons on the bounce

we played some of the worst footy since Gravy Boy and finished 10th. I was willing to give him time because of the ambition he said we had, but Moyes for certain has no ambition and Nuno has failed at every big job hes had so far.
Exactly, so it seems once again the issue is mainly the average quality of players. I honestly don't think it matters who we get as manager, you're not going to get much more than 59 points out of them.

I do seem to remember in the period between sacking Silva and hiring Ancelotti, Moyes was the definitive hire in the press and Ancelotti was in advanced talks with Arsenal. This was including the likes of The Athletic and Romano who everyone seem to think are the gospel.

That was until Ancelotti rocked up in a private jet at JLA.

I have everything crossed a similar thing is happening now with Conte. I don't believe for one minute Moshiri isn't locked in talks with his camp.

You don't court the likes of Simeone, Mourinho and Ancelotti from the moment you arrive inbut let Spurs have a straight path to Conte.

NES would be a solid appointment IF we can't get an elite level manager. Conte first, then Sarri and maybe the likes of Mancini or Enrique.

I just don't believe for one second Moshiri would be sound with appointing a non-achiever like Moyes when he's set his stall with Ancelotti.

Not efficiently enough, unfortunately.

I get that we weren't going to throw the book at Sigurdsson for example and tell him to go, when he wasn't perceived as "terrible" until realistically this season (I've never liked him, but this is an overall conclusion).

He's tried to fill holes, and has got some very much right, but so many wrong. It's criminal that our top wingers are Bernard and Iwobi, and Coleman is still our right back. We're too cautious about it, and as long as you've got ageing players, and uninterested players, they're going to continue to seep negativity through the squad.

Take your Digne, Godfrey, DCL, and Build around them, a rebuild can't consist of Sigurdsson still consistently getting minutes.
I don't see much difference between where we are now and where we were when Moyes came in. Not that I wish to see Moyes return. But we need someone like the man who came in then. Just someone who has a higher ceiling.

This thing about plucky Everton etc, I think it's overstated. Let the media buy into that if they wish whilst the manager quietly gets on with the business needed. If we were called over-achievers, so what, I'd be delighted to hear people say we are punching above our weight. People think that it somehow commits the manager of the day to then stay at that level and not over-achieve some more, and then some more still.

In addition to hunger, ambition, nous, and raw managerial ability, the new manager will have to be a very good communicator. People will have to get on board and will do so if there is a clear sense of what we are trying to do and a sense of consistency.

I don't see much difference between where we are now and where we were when Moyes came in. Not that I wish to see Moyes return. But we need someone like the man who came in then. Just someone who has a higher ceiling.

This thing about plucky Everton etc, I think it's overstated. Let the media buy into that if they wish whilst the manager quietly gets on with the business needed. If we were called over-achievers, so what, I'd be delighted to hear people say we are punching above our weight. People think that it somehow commits the manager of the day to then stay at that level and not over-achieve some more, and then some more still.

In addition to hunger, ambition, nous, and raw managerial ability, the new manager will have to be a very good communicator. People will have to get on board and will do so if there is a clear sense of what we are trying to do and a sense of consistency.
I agree but the problem with people like Moyes is they need that underachiever tag. Everton did well then and i have a great affinity for some of the player he brought in, but he never aspired to finish higher with us, he saw us as a club only capable of finishing at best 5th in the table.

Coleman, pickford, Ancelotti and Siggy all commented on how bad attitude was.

No manager in the world will do anything till these players are gone.

Iwobi yes, but I am not sure any of the others of his have stunk the place out (or in Kean’s case, stunk the place out without reason).

Not sure mate, think there's a few more Brands ones. Delph etc.

Also think when you sign players from 'their' clubs like Iwobi, or dream clubs like from Barcelona - you can't be surprised when their application perhaps isn't what Ben Godfrey's is.

We’ll need a new right back, a midfielder and two attacking wingers/strikers. In reality I think James, Richarlison and Kean will be looking to go - I can’t be arsed seeing them stropping about when a new manager will need motivated players around, That should mean lots of money for new man to spend on their own attack which could be exciting.. the other 3 were pretty meh this season under Carlo anyway‍♂️ If the right man gets the job it’s not all doom and gloom! I’ve changed my mind a million times and I like Potter but he won’t attract the forwards we need.. I’d like to see us go for something exciting, Gallardo, Rangnick, Galtier or Kovac.

Status
Not open for further replies.