New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Potter wouldn't be too bad. And he might attract some Brighton players like Tareeq Lamptey their young right back. I love watching Lamptey play. He makes the likes of James, TAA and Walker look like novices.

How did Pirlo do in his first managerial season inheriting 9-times-in-a-row-champions Juventus with an insane squad?
Badly - but they still gave him the job!

I've got no bloody idea who's the right person for this Nymzee, I don't think any of us do. We've tried pretty much every avenue as of today, poaching other teams seemingly motivational managers (Koeman and Silva), young progressive stubborn (Martinez) and infallible legends (Ancelotti)

I think we can all see what will happen if we appoint somebody like Santo - He'll mumble and shrug his way to a 9th place finish, have a poor start to the 22/23 season and be seen off - I'm not sure I can be arsed with all that again

Maybe it's time to shake things up a bit - for better or for worse

Badly - but they still gave him the job!

I've got no bloody idea who's the right person for this Nymzee, I don't think any of us do. We've tried pretty much every avenue as of today, poaching other teams seemingly motivational managers (Koeman and Silva), young progressive stubborn (Martinez) and infallible legends (Ancelotti)

I think we can all see what will happen if we appoint somebody like Santo - He'll mumble and shrug his way to a 9th place finish, have a poor start to the 22/23 season and be seen off - I'm not sure I can be arsed with all that again

Maybe it's time to shake things up a bit - for better or for worse

I don't know who is right either I was just pointing out your argument for Ferguson was highly flawed.

Potter wouldn't be too bad. And he might attract some Brighton players like Tareeq Lamptey their young right back. I love watching Lamptey play. He makes the likes of James, TAA and Walker look like novices.
Lamptey has a serious injury. I dont think its smart for us to target players who have had these type of injuries.

Back in the day, the Scottish league was reasonably / slightly competitive when Alex Ferguson was there. He even had Aberdeen in european contention , and I think even won a trophy.
That's where your comparison falls down. It is now a 2 team pub league , that is no way competitive in europe. He has simply beaten a poor Celtic who have sacked their manager.
Combine that with the fact that it is him , and it is a massive NO !
It is HIM but I am desperate!

Lamptey is currently a huge risk due to his injury. Its set back after set back with it. If he loses any of that pace he's got then his level won't be any higher than Brighton

anyone who bangs on about “a style” should be consigned to the bin

ruthless should mean winning by any means necessary, being flexible and not hung up on their own importance / superiority if it comes into conflict with what’s best for the team they put out
Yes and no. There should be an underlying style that a team is built upon and academy and incoming players are capable of fitting into. But not to the point of tactical inflexibility or not getting the best of what is available to you.

If there's a young Aberdeen era Alex Ferguson to square that circle...

Eh? You probably haven't watched much of him. I saw him dribble past 3-4 players regularly last season. Whenever he had the ball, something exciting happened. His injury has impacted Brighton immensely.
Run past 3 or 4 players, not dribble. His close control is ok, but his passing, crossing and shooting not so much. A bit like a shorter, lighter Adama Traore.

Status
Not open for further replies.