New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lamptey is currently a huge risk due to his injury. Its set back after set back with it. If he loses any of that pace he's got then his level won't be any higher than Brighton

TBF I was raving about him at the start of the season, thought he was miles better than Reece James and that Chelsea were mental to let him go. You are right that his injury has put a huge question mark over what happens next with him.

I agree. I’m not saying we shouldn’t go for Moyes because of past issues. I’m just saying that it’s not as simple as “he went for Baines”. It was his behaviour around it. I think we all enjoyed it when they had to overpay for Fellaini because they were dicking about trying to get Baines too. Football is tribal and irrational. That’s never going to change.

If he is genuinely our best option then I’d be fine having him back. Same way I would have Benitez and even Gerrard if they were the best options.

I just don’t think he is the best option and his behaviour after leaving did change many of our opinions about him.

Thats part of life you go t

Yes and no. There should be an underlying style that a team is built upon and academy and incoming players are capable of fitting into. But not to the point of tactical inflexibility or not getting the best of what is available to you.

If there's a young Aberdeen era Alex Ferguson to square that circle...

did Ferguson’s teams have a “style” though that ran through the club? All he seemed to prioritise was excellence, which is the thing we need to strive for.

did Ferguson’s teams have a “style” though that ran through the club? All he seemed to prioritise was excellence, which is the thing we need to strive for.
In my head Ferguson always had two CB, two wingers or wide midfielders and a second striker who ideally was creative compared to a more traditional striker.

That reads as a traditional 442 or 451. No doubt you could pick any number of United teams with completely different formations to prove me wrong!

It's a very good point you make about striving for excellence. That mind-set and attitude will get you places in any league. That's a transformation that needs to be pushed onwards regardless of whoever comes in.

Like it or not Moyes was going to take over before we decided to go with Ancelotti. One of the problems we have is FFP. Moyes has shown with West Ham last season he does not need loads of money to challenge for top 6....to get into top 4 he will. It will take us 2 years at least to sort out FFP. Would we be happy with finishing 7th for next two seasons while FFP is sorted with Moyes as manager? Moyes has again shown last season he can find good players to play in the premiership. We have wasted so much money. Ask West Ham fans when they went for a proven winner in Pellegrino and it never worked. West Ham were big enough to re-employe Moyes.

Like it or not Moyes was going to take over before we decided to go with Ancelotti. One of the problems we have is FFP. Moyes has shown with West Ham last season he does not need loads of money to challenge for top 6....to get into top 4 he will. It will take us 2 years at least to sort out FFP. Would we be happy with finishing 7th for next two seasons while FFP is sorted with Moyes as manager? Moyes has again shown last season he can find good players to play in the premiership. We have wasted so much money. Ask West Ham fans when they went for a proven winner in Pellegrino and it never worked. West Ham were big enough to re-employe Moyes.

I ain’t settling for 7th why should we?

I ain’t having my expectations for what this club should be cut in half by him and Blue Bill again.

Its happened once and it’s created a lot of zombie fans who don’t believe in NSNO but it could be worse we could be Pompey attitude.

He comes back it’s curtains for this club ever being a force in football again

I am sorry, I want a manager who will win something

I ain’t settling for 7th why should we?

I ain’t having my expectations for what this club should be cut in half by him and Blue Bill again.

Its happened once and it’s created a lot of zombie fans who don’t believe in NSNO but it could be worse we could be Pompey attitude.

He comes back it’s curtains for this club ever being a force in football again
FFS mate, he aint pulling the strings no more. People have a weird obsession that Bill (who goot us Mosh, Carlo,James and ultimately Barmley moore) is still the boss.

...I think he had more of an ethic than a particular playing model.

I remember watching an Everton v Man Utd Lancashire League game at Bellefield many years ago. SAF was standing on the line just a yard or so away from me. The Everton staff were using all the usual ‘safe’ coaching phrases but when a very young Ryan Giggs was in possession, Ferguson encouraged him to “take him on”, “enjoy yourself”, “don’t worry about losing it”.

I remember it to this day, such a stark contrast in approach. Throw away the manual, don’t play with fear, let youngsters express themselves.

Some mad irony in thinking the likes of Potter would be here at the drop of a hat after all the pantpissing over Ancelotti leaving for Real.
Haven't seen any "pantpissing". Think we all accept we're always susceptible to losing our manager's to bigger clubs.

And Potter would crawl up from Brighton if we even flashed a bit of skirt.

...I think he had more of an ethic than a particular playing model.

I remember watching an Everton v Man Utd Lancashire League game at Bellefield many years ago. SAF was standing on the line just a yard or so away from me. The Everton staff were using all the usual ‘safe’ coaching phrases but when a very young Ryan Giggs was in possession, Ferguson encouraged him to “take him on”, “enjoy yourself”, “don’t worry about losing it”.

I remember it to this day, such a stark contrast in approach. Throw away the manual, don’t play with fear, let youngsters express themselves.

that is exactly what I meant

Status
Not open for further replies.