New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsworth himself was manager for a period and likely got a bump in income for same. It’s inevitable that has been retained since. Conservatively call it 2m a year, likely more. Why had he never left for a full time senior manager role?
Add his coaching and support staff of 7-10 least and we’ll call it 4m..
Thereafter a squad of 20 overpaid numpties some of whom are on close to prem contracts and we could call it and average of 500k a year (conservative given how we spend money) and 20m is not unrealistic.
And for my next trick, I will conjure a stack of numbers out of thin air…

These are all placeholder reports in the mainstream media. They know nothing. Frankly, I doubt that the club knows who they want that they could get, so how would the media?

Moshiri has no need to panic - we are not in a relegation fight like we were when he went for Big Sam after letting Koeman dangle on a rope for at least a month too long. This time, he has some space to make the proper choice. His ego dictates that he will want somebody with status. I think we could be waiting a bit longer for this one, and we might be surprised.

Alternatively, Carlo's departure has shattered him and he no longer cares. But is that really the likely reaction of a billionaire? I tend to think not. I wouldn't be amazed if the likes of David Moyes are furious at being used in our managerial smoke and mirrors.

All said, there's no harm in chatting with Nuno. I'd expect the club to sound out a number of plausible options. But I suspect it's a process. There will be a lot of managerial musical chairs this summer. This all buys us time under the guise of due diligence. Who knows who might become available when 11m a year is suggested as a possible compensation for having to sing the praises of Formby beach.
Spot on
By the middle of next week other candidates will be strongly linked .

Just realised that neither Mosh, Brands, Bill or DBB have actually given any names to the media.
So not sure where the recruitment is at currently

Spot on. Moyes had it initially. Vitor peraira was in advanced talks. Howe was mentioned.
Kovac was in goodison for the Chelsea game.
To be fair that was all mid season, and Ancelotti just suddenly became available so I’m not sure you can compare the situations.

I think every manager who is available now is all your going to get. No one is suddenly going to emerge.

Sometimes I think 'what's the point?'. Say we get lucky with (insert young, talented upcoming manager's name here), they do well for two seasons, look like building something really worthwhile, then a Russian oligarch or sheikh flutters some cash and they're off waving goodbye to us. We then enter the merry go round of managers and go through another 4 until we hit lucky again. Rinse, repeat. Unless a manager stays for a prolonged period which is very rare these days, we, and 95% of other clubs, are just in a continuous cycle of boom and bust. The business of football is tiresome these days. I've never been more underwhelmed by football than I am now.
I thought that was the point of a DOF to ensure continuity

Spot on. Moyes had it initially. Vitor peraira was in advanced talks. Howe was mentioned.
Kovac was in goodison for the Chelsea game.

These were the odds a week before we appointed Ancelotti.
Screenshot_20210602-231527_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.