New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the facts are he took over a dreadful side, and then at season end further weakened it by selling players from the squad, which he then replaced with other players from the money generated. He was given no new money to spend.

Didnt realise he inherited a Steve McLaren squad with 2 months of football left to play, poor fella no wonder he couldn’t keep them up lol

Once again, that's not what I just said. I said "take out the 'the players are unlikable, what about what I said was not a fact?". Because I said they shirked responsibility on the pitch and bottled it at every single opportunity for years. Don't act as if you can't understand what I'm saying.
I understand exactly what your saying but I think you may be a little bit spesh so I'll leave it there, go do some colouring in.

I do think he's an excellent manager, and I don't want the whole chance we have to improve to be spoilt on day one cos of what happened 20 years ago
You know for most people it's about more than "what happened 20 years ago", you choose to beat that drum because it's harder to argue against all the other points presented. You've got what you wanted, you should be happy, berating everyone who doesn't agree with you is a weird way of celebrating.

You know for most people it's about more than "what happened 20 years ago", you choose to beat that drum because it's harder to argue against all the other points presented. You've got what you wanted, you should be happy, berating everyone who doesn't agree with you is a weird way of celebrating.
I'm not berating anyone. I'm trying to point out the good aspects. If Nuno had been appointed I'd be on here now whingeing with the best of them, I get that people need to vent.

I wasn't having a go, just saying that's football isn't it. Getting hung up on 'meaningless words' is no better or worse than getting hung up on whether someone kicks the ball into the net or not. The whole concept is mad if you look at it rationally, but being a football fan isn't really about being rational, that's kind of the point.
I agree with your sentiment. But to respond to the emboldened sentence, I'd be just as perplexed by someone being hung up on someone missing an open goal in a derby match 15 years ago.

I was wound up by his comments for a day or two. But in hindsight, I soon saw it was exactly the sort of thing I'd expect an annoyed manager to say about the opposition in the afterglow of a derby match.

I feel I should also say that I'm far from pleased he's going to be our manager, in large part because of his Liverpool associations. But that comment doesn't bother me at all.

I'm not berating anyone. I'm trying to point out the good aspects. If Nuno had been appointed I'd be on here now whingeing with the best of them, I get that people need to vent.
Then let them rather than jumping in quoting their posts and acting like a recent Chinese league manager is prime SAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.