New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he take over with them outside the relegation zone, few points clear, and a game in hand?

According to a BBC article when he was appointed they were 19th with 24 points. Which is different to what was said on here.

My Toon mate reckons he will be brilliant for EFC. Although I understand the animosity is more about his RS connections and comments about you rather than his ability.
It's precisely his 'ability' that is why I'm not a huge fan of his appointment myself, if I'm being totally honest...

The fact that he was once successful with the reds, along with the whole 'small club' thing, doesn't bother me in the slightest personally.

But he's going to play exactly the same way when we go to Anfield

This is what is blowing my mind

If he truly thinks we play like a small club, and you agree, then when he goes to Anfield and the Etihad and sets us up that way, what is it even saying about him? He's just continuing the cycle

If he apologises then it's essentially him saying "That's a legitimate way to play when away at a top team and doesn't make us small" because it IS and he only said what he said because he had a bee up his bum over not being able to beat us

I just don't get why he can't just clear the air and let us all move on from it
Because there's nothing to clear.

You all sound like my kids.

Reality:

Eva: "Daaaaaaad, Evan said I support a small club"

Me: "Just sort it out amongst yourselves, I'm trying to cook dinner"

Me: *Pours a large glass of wine.*

GOT version:

Eva: "Daaaaaaad, Evan said I support a small club"

Me: WHAT?!?!?! Disown your brother NOW and never speak to him again!! When he's 18, find out where he lives and put a threatening banner outside his house. Never forgive him, no matter what he does for you in the future!! In fact, I'll help you make the banner and kick him out now so you can go hang it at whatever foster carer he ends up at!!!!.............unless he just says 'Soz', in which case, still hold a grudge, but just bottle it deep inside."

Me: *Pi$$e$ in my pants due to the uncontrollable rage that burns deep within*

---Fin---

I agree with your sentiment. But to respond to the emboldened sentence, I'd be just as perplexed by someone being hung up on someone missing an open goal in a derby match 15 years ago.

I was wound up by his comments for a day or two. But in hindsight, I soon saw it was exactly the sort of thing I'd expect an annoyed manager to say about the opposition in the afterglow of a derby match.
I've touched on this a few times. I don't think anyone is still angry that he said it, they're angry that somebody who said it is being made manager of their club, it's quite a big difference. If somebody goes on record today as saying 'the working class are freeloading scum' and in 15 years becomes leader of the Labour party, then I would be unhappy about that too.

He's going to have us playing exactly the same way as Moyes did when we play Liverpool at Anfield. The same way Ancelotti did, the same way Koeman did, the same way Allardyce did and the same way Silva did

The only difference is this time he'll spin it as a good tactic because he's the one doing it instead of being on the receiving end of it

If you truly believe we're a small club because we play defensively away at one of the best teams in all of Europe in an effort to nick 1/3 points, then Rafael Benitez is going to change NOTHING

Fair enough

Doesn’t justify it like but if that’s the case which I wasn’t aware of think it’s quite harsh to criticise him for struggling to keep them up. Everything Steve McLaren touches turns to ashes. Imagine having two months to sort his mess out....

Status
Not open for further replies.