New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep its easy moaning at the owners but if we appointed Potter and were sat 15th/16th in the table come December our arses would be twitching whilst work on BMD was ongoing.

Thats the reality sadly - we just have to hope Benitez can turn back the clock and get a tune out the squad similiar to Moyes at WHU.

A lot will depend on Brands and recruitment as like I said Guardiola would struggle with this squad as it currently is.
Interesting too that the independent is reporting that Usmanov met with Abrahamovich to discuss Benitez.

I'm a bit meh about this now - I was angry at first, but the more I think about it, the less bothered I am.

I'm not convinced he's as good as he was when he was getting the Liverpool job, I think his recent record suggests that. I would have liked a progressive coach that could grow the Club - but honestly, I don't think the Club are in a position for that at this moment in time, a lot of shabite needs cleaning out, an awful lot.

Maybe Benitez is the guy to do that? Maybe he can "steady the ship" prior to Bramley Moore and clear the decks - that's surely his remit? Surely the board cannot expect the man who's achieved next to nothing recently to get this Club with these players anywhere near the Top 4?

I haven't been "emotionally invested" in Everton for a long time, even with Ancelotti here. I don't get properly excited when we win and I'm simply not that bothered when we lose - so i don't care about Benitez either upon reflection.

Just get it announced already - I'm certain the fume of course will be high, but sign some decent players and I'm sure most fans will be pleased.

If he wins those first few games, which lets be honest, they're kind for us - a lot of Goodison wont be overly arsed that he's the manager.

I’d say there definitely is a middle ground and it’s the most likely outcome by far. 2 seasons of plodding along in mid-table playing the dullest percentage football in the whole league.
Fair point, although I’d probably classify that as a shambles as the fans won’t wear it

I’d say there definitely is a middle ground and it’s the most likely outcome by far. 2 seasons of plodding along in mid-table playing the dullest percentage football in the whole league.

Never underestimate the ability of Everton to remain as absolutely tragically average regardless of who the manager is or who plays for us. It’s like the same person has been managing the same team for about 30 years. Nothing changes, the formations are the same, the results are mostly the same, the style of football is the same, and we still can’t take a decent throw in.

there is 0 chance of FSW being allowed 2 seasons of mid table

I doubt if he would last 2/3 months of mid table actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.