New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on mate. Its next to nothing. City have just bid 100 mil for Kane to put it in to perspective.

In the same time period we spent nearly 350 mil, twice the amount Rafael spent. Yet you're claiming Rafael spent a lot when it was significantly less than we have spent.
Stop sayin we . You are not an everton supporter. You are a lot of things but I already got a warning over calling you one of them so I'll keep them to myself.
But one of them rhymes with stunt.

He'll get a huge salary and doesn't have to move house. There's no downside for him, he'll make 10 figures from us fail or succeed. He didn't go to China for the "challenge".

As mentioned above...I'm pretty sure putting his family through the grief this could turn into isn't worth the salary or the stress.

I would never suggest 5-10 games for any normal manager but this is not a normal appointment, even pro-Benitez folk must see that?

I agree that a long term view should be taken, which is why I find the appointment of a 61 year old who went voluntarily into semi-retirement in China and who will face massive resistance from the fans utterly baffling. I would much rather take a risk on an ambitious young manager who would be genuinely excited about the opportunity to turn this club around but our owner is either obsessed with a big name appointment or treading water until the stadium is built, I can't quite figure out which.

I agree with a lot of that tbf mate. I'd love a young up and coming manager who worked hand in hand with Brands and built something beautiful and long term. Totally would.

Nevertheless, our owner seems to have a different plan. He wants trophies and he wants a big name who will be a big presence. We were buzzing when that was Ancelotti. I'd argue that Benitez isn't worlds away from Ancelotti in stature in the game - certainly closer to him than, say, Potter or even Galtier. And yet we're hating it because he was a bit of a wind up merchant when he managed our biggest rivals. It's a bit pathetic.

Like it or not, we don't run the club. We're supporters. We don't get to choose who the new man is. Our job is to support them. It's in absolutely nobody's best interests to create an atmosphere so toxic that the manager and players struggle to perform and end up back to square one yet again.

We're cutting our nose off to spite our face.

It's less than Everton spent in the same period.
All clubs spend money - it's not a crime. And if you look at what he bought, a lot of it is pretty reasonable. Certainly no mistakes like Sigurdsson, Klaasen, Bolasie, etc etc

And you can say all you want about not caring about "net spend" - but it is important. For example, that first window in which they spent £53m - that sounds like an awful lot. But the entire squad was decimated by relegation, and they sold £90m of players. They had to spend a load of money to just have a team.
He spent 6.75m on Christian Atsu, that's 100x worse than what we paid for Gylfi. Also paid over 10m for Jacob Murphy,

It's less than Everton spent in the same period.
All clubs spend money - it's not a crime. And if you look at what he bought, a lot of it is pretty reasonable. Certainly no mistakes like Sigurdsson, Klaasen, Bolasie, etc etc

And you can say all you want about not caring about "net spend" - but it is important. For example, that first window in which they spent £53m - that sounds like an awful lot. But the entire squad was decimated by relegation, and they sold £90m of players. They had to spend a load of money to just have a team.
Never said it was a crime. Also not worth comparing us with them as we werent relegated so they aren't comparable. They lost 12 players that summer, only 2 for big fees, the rest were older or not playing first team regularly.
Come on mate. Its next to nothing. City have just bid 100 mil for Kane to put it in to perspective.

In the same time period we spent nearly 350 mil, twice the amount Rafael spent. Yet you're claiming Rafael spent a lot when it was significantly less than we have spent.
We werent a club that was relegated and looking to survive though, of course we spent more. I'm saying that those saying he wasn't backed an that he did a good job are wrong. Bruce has been backed with a similar amount and has then in the same place, is he as good as benitez?

I'm out. Can't be bothered arguing with so many people who are happy to have bentiez in charge.

Oh yeah, cos living close by to thousands of fans who could turn against you and your family seems like a very wise move.
Do you genuinely believe, even when it does go to absolute pot, that everton fans will put him and his family at risk? We have some bad cranks supporting us but that's not going to happen

He spent 6.75m on Christian Atsu, that's 100x worse than what we paid for Gylfi. Also paid over 10m for Jacob Murphy,

Have a read back there mate. Spending £6.75m on Christian Atsu is absolutely nothing like spending £45m on Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Jacob Murphy is still very much a key part of their team too. And I seem to recall that we were interested in him at the time.

As mentioned above...I'm pretty sure putting his family through the grief this could turn into isn't worth the salary or the stress.
I'm pretty sure the £18m over three years, or as a lump sum in 9 months time, will smooth over the grief. This isn't Glasgow, nobody is going to petrol bomb his car. Thinking about it, this is Everton, we'll probably pay him £10m a year when nobody else will give him a job.

How far away from your house do you work? Isn't that usually how people decide on their job, yet you ridicule the man for doing the same
Not ridiculing him for it, just pointing out that its a convenience for him. I just don't think he's arsed any more. Wants to be by his family and will just do the bare minimum to keep us bobbing midtable. If he was that arsed about being at the top he would never have went to China

Status
Not open for further replies.