New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's past it. The fans hate him. He will get no grace period. First bad run and Goodison will be toxic. Our players are cowards, so a bad atmosphere at Goodison will result in terrible results. The fat mess koppite won't be able to ditch them all.

It's a terrible idea which has little to nothing to do with "small club" comments.

I find it odd that you can't see it. There is a very real possibility that he will be booed onto the pitch for his first home game. How can this end well?

Thing is though...do people think Rafael doesn't know how hard the whole thing will be? Yet he still wants the job.

There's easier ways of taking a payday (which is did in China) but to actively pursue and persuade the club that he should be the new manager with all the baggage that comes with it...takes some balls IMO

It's almost like Tommy Robinson becoming head of the Muslim Council of Britain after being offered the job. Complete madness but he must have persuaded someone.

1 season is an absolute bare minimum - unless it's going so catastrophically wrong that we're clearly getting relegated if something isn't done.
I'm generally fairly patient in terms of managers. I think with Martinez I first wanted him out (reluctantly) some time around Kiev away - late second season. Even then I didn't fully campaign for it and wanted him to turn it around deep down as I liked him deep down.

Koeman I wanted out around the time we sacked him - and even though I never loved the guy, I always felt he was somewhat a victim of an awful fixture list and then horrendous recruitment by Walsh. And we lost Rom who was holding us together really.

Allardyce - well - no-one really wanted him but I was never baying for his blood because I felt he did exactly what we asked him to do, and probably a bit better than we expected. I wasn't remotely unhappy to see him sacked, but there's an argument for him being given longer as he didn't do a lot wront tbh.

Silva - I felt he went around the right time. He had a decent first season but clearly lost his way and didn't look like he had what it took to turn it around.

Ancelotti - I never wanted him to go and I was advocating heavily for to be given time.

Frankly what Everton need more than anything is a steady hand at the wheel - someone who gets time to build something, with a plan. I hate sacking managers and we're absolutely worse of for having done it so much in recent seasons. Our squad is a complete hodge-podge if disjointed ideas from very different managers - few of which have worked.

Ideally - whoever our manager is - I'd want them to have a minimum of 18 months before being at risk of losing their job. The very fact that you'd suggest 5-10 games as a reasonable period to judge a manager says a lot about where we've gotten to.

We're a mess and we need stability. All this noise and protest is going to lead us into an even greater mess if we're not careful
I would never suggest 5-10 games for any normal manager but this is not a normal appointment, even pro-Benitez folk must see that?

I agree that a long term view should be taken, which is why I find the appointment of a 61 year old who went voluntarily into semi-retirement in China and who will face massive resistance from the fans utterly baffling. I would much rather take a risk on an ambitious young manager who would be genuinely excited about the opportunity to turn this club around but our owner is either obsessed with a big name appointment or treading water until the stadium is built, I can't quite figure out which.

No way this can happen. It would mean moshiri hates us fans. If it does moshiri needs to go, he can take his millions, his new stadium and redshoite manager with him. We'll keep our Everon, our Goodison our heroes and most importantly our PRIDE.

Thing is though...do people think Rafael doesn't know how hard the whole thing will be? Yet he still wants the job.

There's easier ways of taking a payday (which is did in China) but to actively pursue and persuade the club that he should be the new manager with all the baggage that comes with it...takes some balls IMO

It's almost like Tommy Robinson becoming head of the Muslim Council of Britain after being offered the job. Complete madness but he must have persuaded someone.
He'll get a huge salary and doesn't have to move house. There's no downside for him, he'll make 10 figures from us fail or succeed. He didn't go to China for the "challenge".

He's never made it a secret he want's to be as close to home as possible. This is a matter of convenience to him. Well paid job around the corner from his home. He's rubbing his hands with joy

No they don't. I speak to newcastle fans every day. I see their Facebook fan pages appearing on my feed every day. They all bang on about how dull the football was.

And I don't care about net spend. He spent £153m in 6 windows. That's a hell of a lot of money on transfers. You can literally check it on transfermarkt.

It's less than Everton spent in the same period.
All clubs spend money - it's not a crime. And if you look at what he bought, a lot of it is pretty reasonable. Certainly no mistakes like Sigurdsson, Klaasen, Bolasie, etc etc

And you can say all you want about not caring about "net spend" - but it is important. For example, that first window in which they spent £53m - that sounds like an awful lot. But the entire squad was decimated by relegation, and they sold £90m of players. They had to spend a load of money to just have a team.

Imagine for a moment, that at least half the match going blues do not react as you predict. I think most Evertonians realise that we've got big problems with that squad, so I think he will get a grace period, maybe not as long as somebody else.
Also, he's an excellent manager. What about the spirit he develops inhis sides. Istanbul, that Newcastle side coming from two down against us to win, that's not luck, he builds strong sides.
WUM.

No they don't. I speak to newcastle fans every day. I see their Facebook fan pages appearing on my feed every day. They all bang on about how dull the football was.

And I don't care about net spend. He spent £153m in 6 windows. That's a hell of a lot of money on transfers. You can literally check it on transfermarkt.

Come on mate. Its next to nothing. City have just bid 100 mil for Kane to put it in to perspective.

In the same time period we spent nearly 350 mil, twice the amount Rafael spent. Yet you're claiming Rafael spent a lot when it was significantly less than we have spent.

He's never made it a secret he want's to be as close to home as possible. This is a matter of convenience to him. Well paid job around the corner from his home. He's rubbing his hands with joy

Oh yeah, cos living close by to thousands of fans who could turn against you and your family seems like a very wise move.

How far away from your house do you work? Isn't that usually how people decide on their job, yet you ridicule the man for doing the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.