New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but feel like falling back to a Potter, Moyes OR Howe type will just make us look weak and hopelessly unattractive to quality players that can help this club move above this repetitive cycle that we are stuck in. Moshiri needs to swing big again. I say go all out for Conte.

Need someone who would fit in between Moyes and Carlo in terms of their ability to work with the quality of players on offer. Realistically we are not going straight to elite status, so someone like Conte (like Carlo) would be wasted on us. But Howe is really not going to push us forward quickly.
It's a tricky one alright.

....we need somebody with a strategy in mind, somebody committed for long-term change. i suggest the likes of Conte is very short-term & he wouldn’t be for me.
Any manager that is coming here to tinker with the squad over a long period will be run out by the players within two years.
Squad needs revolution not evolution at this point

....we need somebody with a strategy in mind, somebody committed for long-term change. i suggest the likes of Conte is very short-term & he wouldn’t be for me.
Whats your thoughts on Potter, Eggsy?

I'm ambivalent, but it's strange he's not even linked. Seems like a thing that press would pick out.

That's key in the job description, or should be.. although I am completely against bringing him back for the way he left, putting off signing a contract only to act surprised when United came calling then we had Ferguson saying in his book that Moyes was approached months earlier. It's a petty reason for not wanting him back I know.

It would be a petty reason if he was some all conquering manager.

He has won nothing. He never will. He did alright in his time here but I find it mad how much some people rate him.

What we need is somebody who can build a team that actually gives a toss, Moyes can definitely do that, and as much as I don’t like it we haven’t been anywhere near the team we were when he was here. I thought he was finished but has done some very good work with West Ham. I’m not sure if he’d take it or if we’d even offer it.

Id be bewildered if they spoke with Gallardo and didnt offer it to him. Hes by far the best candidate for the South American market which we seem to be trying to tap.

Potter may well be a good manager to bring in. However, he wont have any cache with players at all and it would be a gamble.

He may play very nice football but our players wont be able to play that style...so if were going down that route theres other managers who have more cache for the long term rebuild.

Disaster written all over him...How do you take Dortmund to 5th with the side he had?

Gallardo is the one...by a mile.

Not sure why you would have a totally different managerial profile as 2nd choice though?
Dortmund finished 7th in Klopps last season didn’t they?

Whomever we bring in has to work well with Brands etc. Pochettino would be perfect for the project, a lot of fans would say otherwise but i'd also love to see AVB in the mix too.

Status
Not open for further replies.