New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given its Jim White breaking the news and he's best mates with Moshiri this looks a goer. Unbelievable appointment destined to fail miserably. The club that keeps on giving

Rafael Benitez has stood by his description of Everton as a "small club", delivered four years ago, insisting that his words related only to David Moyes' side's unambitious display against Liverpool in one fixture.

"I didn't want to be disrespectful to the club. I was talking about the way they were playing, not the club," said the 51-year-old, who in a Merseyside derby day interview with The Independent today expresses his desire to return to the top reaches of management, preferably in the Premier League.

The Spaniard's "small club" comments came after the 0-0 draw at Anfield in February 2007. "When we had the meeting with the manager in the boot room and we were having a drink I explained [to David Moyes] what I meant," said Benitez.

I'm trying to look at this without my Royal Blue specs on as in how would we feel if he had achieved those trophies with for example Spurs and not that shower, would we still not want him?personally I am more concerned that he hasn't done much at all of note the last five/six years.
Ya I agree. That would be my main concern. I'm sure he still is tactically sound but has football moved on from the Rafael,carlo eras

Status
Not open for further replies.