New CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
...much as I rate Holgate, I have real doubts that he can play as an effective CB in an orthodox flat back four. I have similar reservations about Galloway, both of whom I expect to play most career games at full back. Pennington might develop into an effective central defender given time and experience. He's a very bright young man with a career in the game but I suspect he will need lots of game time elsewhere.

Keane looks a decent acquisition, you have to think he will need a long-term partner although the club might feel adequately served in the short-term with Williams and Jagielka. I get the impression RK isn't convinced with Funes-Mori regardless of the injury. Saying all of that, it would be great to sign VvD, not least because I backed him to be with us when the window closes at 100-1.

I doubt we'll buy another CB in this window unless a real bargain is identified.

I dont scout CBs.

I scouted Keane only cos he was coming.

My English players comment is based on the last few England games ive watched, the standard of the players in all age groups was breathtakingly bad.

Ok, so any player Keane reminds you of? On paper hes another Pallister.

England u20s was pretty good in both Korea and Toulon don't you think?

...much as I rate Holgate, I have real doubts that he can play as an effective CB in an orthodox flat back four. I have similar reservations about Galloway, both of whom I expect to play most career games at full back. Pennington might develop into an effective central defender given time and experience. He's a very bright young man with a career in the game but I suspect he will need lots of game time elsewhere.

Keane looks a decent acquisition, you have to think he will need a long-term partner although the club might feel adequately served in the short-term with Williams and Jagielka. I get the impression RK isn't convinced with Funes-Mori regardless of the injury. Saying all of that, it would be great to sign VvD, not least because I backed him to be with us when the window closes at 100-1.

I doubt we'll buy another CB in this window unless a real bargain is identified.

Holgate looks a decent right back to me apart from his crossing...defensively solid. Also a good option for a back 3....Galloway the same.

What makes you think Koeman would only go for a real bargain if available and risk Jags and Williams over a season?

Ok, so any player Keane reminds you of? On paper hes another Pallister.

England u20s was pretty good in both Korea and Toulon don't you think?

Michael Keane reminds me of Michael Keane Zat, Gary Pallister was 1 of the finest defenders to ever grace this league.

If anybody Keane reminds me of its Jags.

You value yoot football very highly Zat, I sadly dont, have a look at the Serbian team who won the last WC and tell me how many have made it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_FIFA_U-20_World_Cup

Michael Keane reminds me of Michael Keane Zat, Gary Pallister was 1 of the finest defenders to ever grace this league.

You value yoot football very highly Zat, I sadly dont, have a look at the Serbian team who won the last WC and tell me how many have made it.

Looks like hes got 3 inches on him...hence why I thought of Pallister.

I wouldn't say I value the 'results' or the 'sides', I just like to watch the football and keep an eye out if anyone looks like a decent player and remember them...watched quite a bit when I was a teenager and recommended some to the club and got some nice letters back lol

Take the u20 world cup, players really showcased their talents, reminded me of USA 94 in a way...whereas the u21 games were negative and boring and we relied on Pickford and the defence to get us through games.

I mean even Mawson and Chambers, after the games I still have no clue if theyre top notch as the tactics were so West Brom

You can't really make it at the age of 21 but there's about 8-9 of them at a decent club.

Holgate looks a decent right back to me apart from his crossing...defensively solid. Also a good option for a back 3....Galloway the same.

What makes you think Koeman would only go for a real bargain if available and risk Jags and Williams over a season?
Unfortunately mate this is one of the main requirements of a modern football...crossing. However no blame attached to holgate as he is a centre half being played out of position.

Unfortunately mate this is one of the main requirements of a modern football...crossing. However no blame attached to holgate as he is a centre half being played out of position.

He cant even defend, he has no sense of where he should be when defending, sure he can tackle, track players and hes very good on the ball, but he simply ISNT a RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.