Neville Southall is the undisputed king of Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was originally going to allow advocates for adult babies (adults who like to dress up like babies, act like babies, and be taken care of like babies) to take over his twitter account to give them a platform.

yikes! i'm fully on-board with raising awareness of sex workers & homeless dogs...but not weird paraphilia, that stuff goes into the kind of oddball places where I tune out: i.e. most fans of My Little Pony are lonely adult males who sexually fetishise the ponies. I don't wanna even think about what drives the fetishism of paraphilic infantilism, on the wiki page it's claimed 9% of Yahoo fetish groups were about that...so more common than most might think.

I've an open mind and all, but some things i just find too weird and i tune out.

Nev is raising awareness, sure...but there's surely limits. Giving airtime to odd paraphilia might come across as condoning or normalising such...i'm not convinced that's always the way forward.

Tho' what do i know, i'm not the one with the masochistic psychosexual fetishes.

He was originally going to allow advocates for adult babies (adults who like to dress up like babies, act like babies, and be taken care of like babies) to take over his twitter account to give them a platform.

on further reflection, it depends a lot on whether those afflicted recognise such a paraphilia is wholly undesirable and that they want help in how to stop it. That I can support raising awareness for (via Nev takeover or whatever else).

But I couldn't support a raising awareness campaign which pushes for mainstream acceptance of such paraphilia. It's not something which can ever be good for you (as evidenced by someone i know who's into My Little Pony)...it's purely no fun being that weirded-out by normal human contact you retreat into abnormal fetishes.

Seek help, yes. Seek acceptance, no mate.

on further reflection, it depends a lot on whether those afflicted recognise such a paraphilia is wholly undesirable and that they want help in how to stop it. That I can support raising awareness for (via Nev takeover or whatever else).

But I couldn't support a raising awareness campaign which pushes for mainstream acceptance of such paraphilia. It's not something which can ever be good for you (as evidenced by someone i know who's into My Little Pony)...it's purely no fun being that weirded-out by normal human contact you retreat into abnormal fetishes.

Seek help, yes. Seek acceptance, no mate.

Difficult one isn't it. On one hand these people who do this (and other similar things) may feel weirded out/guilty by their own actions. If they think they are totally abnormal then I can imagine it could lead to depression or other mental health issues. By talking about it in the open it may break down the barriers and show it isn't just them and if this is what they like/need to do as a coping mechanism and as long as it isn't illegal then what is the problem?

I think the person who was going to do the takeover said her brand of Adult Babies was totally non-sexual in nature but there are going to be extreme versions of this behaviour (be it sexual and (gulp) dirty nappies etc. :eek:) then I start thinking along your lines where we wouldn't really want to seem to normalise it. It's a constant conflict in my mind between the two sides, but I suppose at the end of the day what goes on between two consenting adults behind closed doors that is considered legal should be able to be discussed in a normal-ish way without persecution, however you would just hope that only a small percentage of people would ever want to do this for the sake of the human kind.

Difficult one isn't it. On one hand these people who do this (and other similar things) may feel weirded out/guilty by their own actions. If they think they are totally abnormal then I can imagine it could lead to depression or other mental health issues. By talking about it in the open it may break down the barriers and show it isn't just them and if this is what they like/need to do as a coping mechanism and as long as it isn't illegal then what is the problem?

I think the person who was going to do the takeover said her brand of Adult Babies was totally non-sexual in nature but there are going to be extreme versions of this behaviour (be it sexual and (gulp) dirty nappies etc. :eek:) then I start thinking along your lines where we wouldn't really want to seem to normalise it. It's a constant conflict in my mind between the two sides, but I suppose at the end of the day what goes on between two consenting adults behind closed doors that is considered legal should be able to be discussed in a normal-ish way without persecution, however you would just hope that only a small percentage of people would ever want to do this for the sake of the human kind.

good post, mate...Big Nev's a Twitter trailblazer, that's for sure. Good on him for inspiring debate!

Same here. I felt bad muting Big Nev but needed to get rid of that weird know it all. I've seen her argue with people over other things and comes across as a right idiot. Then when she's pulled up about it she plays the victim. Bring back Big Nev ffs

She posted a cleavage selfie the other day.

That's stone wall proof she's just after internet attention.

(She isn't fit btw)

Mate, I like to watch wrestling but you wouldn't find me openly posting about it on the internet. What's wrong with just enjoying something as you say behind closed doors without other people having to hear about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.