2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may return. But just as last season that return will be fruitless for the most part. Then he'll be injured again.

We cant plan for Dominic Calvert-Lewin tbh. I hope he contributes the 5 goals I stated he may get for us, but I wouldn't be confident of that tally.

He's a marginal player for us now, like Mina.
I see you have a new target now Patterson has made you look foolish?

Difference though, Mina has been this way every season for four seasons not including this, Dominic Calvert-Lewin has missed very little time until the last twelve months mate.
Played 24 games in 2020/21 like.

It's not a matter of what happened in the past or attitude. Itls a matter of players coping or otherwise with injury. DCL appears to be in danger of going the same way as Mina. This next period back will be crucial.

I hope he's back and handing us 12 goals. However, it'd be VERY wise to prepare for the opposite and bring in a new striker in January - the one we didn't get this summer.

One game in and you're posting guff like this.

Have a day off.
It's the same group of posters doing the negative crap on every player and the manager mate, can't think why...

Thought personally for the first game for him of the season he did great to last the 90 covered huge distance and still fresh enough to be getting on the end of a great chance late on too.

Would have had him all season reckon we'd be about 6-7 points higher now

Mina comparison is unfair imo Dave.

Mina is frankly unwilling to play on with any remote feeling of not being 100% never seen a player wave to come off without even trying to see if he can continue like the way that lad does, Dominic Calvert-Lewin actually done the muscle tear last season whilst playing with a broken toe for weeks. He also was clearly not close to being fully fit last season but rushed back probably 3 weeks ahead of when he should have in reality.

My only concern with Dominic Calvert-Lewin is if the muscle tear becomes a reoccurring one, like a lot have a history of being.

If it doesn't go then honestly there's no reason to believe he won't play 25+ this sesson, and if he does he'll score 10-15 as frankly we are gonna create chances the way we're starting to play.
With Maupay then Dom neither has to rush back or play full games until he is A1 and even then the load can be shared. Season is about being a good team that is solid, no need to get crippled for the cause now we have a bit of depth

With Maupay then Dom neither has to rush back or play full games until he is A1 and even then the load can be shared. Season is about being a good team that is solid, no need to get crippled for the cause now we have a bit of depth

Exactly mate get DCL back healthy, Maupay until then and get through to the world cup break, maybe look to add another younger forward in January and hopefully have a really strong second half of the season

This guy makes Niasse seem like Pele. Both the Davies and Mcneil chances was because Maupay has the touch of a midwife. Less said about his miss the better

Is there any player you do like or you just on here for a wind up?

I don't think he had a bad game, he got himself in a great position for his chance and he deffo should have scored but he's not played much Im willing to put that down as being rusty.

He also very nearly had an assist for the offside goal, that was good play.

He wasnt spectacular, but solid.

His face game for the club and of the season was a full 90 minutes in a Merseyside derby, and he ran the most I think? He was sound

Mina is frankly unwilling to play on with any remote feeling of not being 100% never seen a player wave to come off without even trying to see if he can continue
Yes he’s a joke tbh onana was struggling after that tackle and stayed on the pitch they’re the kind of players we want playing and feel we are getting a core group of players that want to play for the club and fans.

Difference though, Mina has been this way every season for four seasons not including this, Dominic Calvert-Lewin has missed very little time until the last twelve months mate.
Agree slightly concerning but it does happen the most important thing once he’s back is staying fit for the remainder of the season another injury and you have to start thinking of replacing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.