2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only judge strikers by their goal return. And this lad isn’t good enough. It’s why Brighton let him go.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin plays instead at weekend and we beat the RS with those chances Maupay wasted.
Brighton sold him because his contract was running out and he would not sign a new one.

I read a piece by Graham Potter in the last few days where he said Maupay was one of the few players that forced Potter to become a better coach. He said that in a good way.

He'll get what it says on the tin: 8 goals.

That's ok. He's not Messi and we shouldn;t expect any more than that. If he gets 10 or more then he'll have over delivered given his career average.

We're going to need Gray and Gordon getting 7/8 goals and the likes of Onana, Garner, McNeil, Tarkowski and Coady chipping in with 3/4 each. If Dominic Calvert-Lewin gets a few games we can expect maybe 5 or so from him.

Hopefully we score around 40 goals. That's a bit less than last season but I cant see us shipping 66 goals again this season. If we can get the goals conceded down to around 50 then we'll easily stay up and maybe end up around 13th/14th.
We need to improve on set pieces. In theory when DCL returns we should match most teams physically when competing in the box

We need to improve on set pieces. In theory when Dominic Calvert-Lewin returns we should match most teams physically when competing in the box
He may return. But just as last season that return will be fruitless for the most part. Then he'll be injured again.

We cant plan for DCL tbh. I hope he contributes the 5 goals I stated he may get for us, but I wouldn't be confident of that tally.

He's a marginal player for us now, like Mina.

He'll get what it says on the tin: 8 goals.

That's ok. He's not Messi and we shouldn;t expect any more than that. If he gets 10 or more then he'll have over delivered given his career average.

We're going to need Gray and Gordon getting 7/8 goals and the likes of Onana, Garner, McNeil, Tarkowski and Coady chipping in with 3/4 each. If Dominic Calvert-Lewin gets a few games we can expect maybe 5 or so from him.

Hopefully we score around 40 goals. That's a bit less than last season but I cant see us shipping 66 goals again this season. If we can get the goals conceded down to around 50 then we'll easily stay up and maybe end up around 13th/14th.
5??????????????????????????

He may return. But just as last season that return will be fruitless for the most part. Then he'll be injured again.

We cant plan for Dominic Calvert-Lewin tbh. I hope he contributes the 5 goals I stated he may get for us, but I wouldn't be confident of that tally.

He's a marginal player for us now, like Mina.
Mina comparison is unfair imo Dave.

Mina is frankly unwilling to play on with any remote feeling of not being 100% never seen a player wave to come off without even trying to see if he can continue like the way that lad does, DCL actually done the muscle tear last season whilst playing with a broken toe for weeks. He also was clearly not close to being fully fit last season but rushed back probably 3 weeks ahead of when he should have in reality.

My only concern with DCL is if the muscle tear becomes a reoccurring one, like a lot have a history of being.

If it doesn't go then honestly there's no reason to believe he won't play 25+ this sesson, and if he does he'll score 10-15 as frankly we are gonna create chances the way we're starting to play.

Mina comparison is unfair imo Dave.

Mina is frankly unwilling to play on with any remote feeling of not being 100% never seen a player wave to come off without even trying to see if he can continue like the way that lad does, Dominic Calvert-Lewin actually done the muscle tear last season whilst playing with a broken toe for weeks. He also was clearly not close to being fully fit last season but rushed back probably 3 weeks ahead of when he should have in reality.

My only concern with Dominic Calvert-Lewin is if the muscle tear becomes a reoccurring one, like a lot have a history of being.

If it doesn't go then honestly there's no reason to believe he won't play 25+ this sesson, and if he does he'll score 10-15 as frankly we are gonna create chances the way we're starting to play.
I think that's speculative.

However, if you're saying the difference between Mina and DCL then is attitude to the injuries it's still the same outcome. We are down a man for long periods.

I think that's speculative.

However, if you're saying the difference between Mina and Dominic Calvert-Lewin then is attitude to the injuries it's still the same outcome. We are down a man for long periods.
Difference though, Mina has been this way every season for four seasons not including this, DCL has missed very little time until the last twelve months mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.