2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly mate get Dominic Calvert-Lewin back healthy, Maupay until then and get through to the world cup break, maybe look to add another younger forward in January and hopefully have a really strong second half of the season
Yes good reply but I still,think we should have brought another striker in on loan to cover Dominic’s injury, if Dominic comes back fit then we will be a good team with no worries, like last season, of going down.

Is there any player you do like or you just on here for a wind up?

I don't think he had a bad game, he got himself in a great position for his chance and he deffo should have scored but he's not played much Im willing to put that down as being rusty.

He also very nearly had an assist for the offside goal, that was good play.

He wasnt spectacular, but solid.

His face game for the club and of the season was a full 90 minutes in a Merseyside derby, and he ran the most I think? He was sound

Been reduced to highlighting he ran a bit. How much standards have dropped

I thought he was very good for us. Reminds me of Radzinkski. Very quick, getting behind, but lacks a bit in front of goal. I mean if he hits that shot anywhere but right at Allison we score. He just needed a bit of composure and to slot it bottom left. Or even just guide the ball to the right to Onana. Very frustrating but I think he did really well. We looked better for having him up there aswell! I think once he gets a goal I think he will break double figures easily this season.

You do realise that some of us have watched Maupay for years? He hasn’t just started playing professionally, has he?

His goal return is terrible for a Premier League ‘striker’.

Yet anyone who has a different opinion on here gets labelled a “troll”.
What sort of return would you want for a premier league ‘striker’ at a 10-16 club?

10, 8 & 8 with a couple assists a season so he’s up around that 10+ goal involvements mark.

Richarlison (10 goals), Antonio (10 goals), Watkins (11 goals) & Toney (12 goals) last season with 700 more minutes played than Maupay (300mins for Richarlison).

Agree slightly concerning but it does happen the most important thing once he’s back is staying fit for the remainder of the season another injury and you have to start thinking of replacing him.

I'd say anything linked to either the muscle tear or this knee injury is a red flag which ups striker to top priority in Jan/Summer

Yes good reply but I still,think we should have brought another striker in on loan to cover Dominic’s injury, if Dominic comes back fit then we will be a good team with no worries, like last season, of going down.

It's hard to say for sure mate, in theory it seems simple, but get the feeling what Lampard says he truly believes, nobody signing who doesn't have a role to play in the team, and looking at the players who moved this summer,I find it hard to say we missed out on someone we should gdve got as cover who'd effectively be third choice once DCL is fit.

I do think we will see in January us bringing in at least one forward whose young though with the high potential ceiling.

You do realise that some of us have watched Maupay for years? He hasn’t just started playing professionally, has he?

His goal return is terrible for a Premier League ‘striker’.

Yet anyone who has a different opinion on here gets labelled a “troll”.

How many times would you roughly say you've watched Brighton mate?

And why where you in particular doing so? ?

It's hard to say for sure mate, in theory it seems simple, but get the feeling what Lampard says he truly believes, nobody signing who doesn't have a role to play in the team, and looking at the players who moved this summer,I find it hard to say we missed out on someone we should gdve got as cover who'd effectively be third choice once Dominic Calvert-Lewin is fit.

I do think we will see in January us bringing in at least one forward whose young though with the high potential ceiling.
Yes hopefully we will get a good striker signed in January on a permanent basis but I was thinking of the risk we take if Dominic doesn’t get back to full fitness, because at the moment, despite the obvious improvement in defence and midfield, we are finding it very hard to get the goals that will get us the points that gets us up the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.