2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the right spot...the finishing will come
Not sure it will but…
You do realise that some of us have watched Maupay for years? He hasn’t just started playing professionally, has he?

His goal return is terrible for a Premier League ‘striker’.

Yet anyone who has a different opinion on here gets labelled a “troll”.
you do realise then that he is a hard working player with a lot of guile. Not going to score 20 a season but will be a good team player.

I think he will work in a two with Dominic Calvert-Lewin better than rich, just think at the price we paid was a good option to get. Was a tough first game to come into

For me just look at Gomes by 60 minutes he was absolutely goosed and wanted the game over with.

Also agree that Richy and DCL had absolutely zero chemistry together, Maupay I hope can solve that problem.

I’m curious how people think he could be used up front as a second striker with the way this team’s been built. I think he was signed to be a reliable player who can come off the bench. We’ll likely see him play across the front as needed, especially in late games.

You do realise that some of us have watched Maupay for years? He hasn’t just started playing professionally, has he?

We all watched Iwobi for years too! The past is the past, its fair to say when we needed a striker he maybe wasnt the best option, but we need to just give him a chance and have a bit of patience now that he's here. I'm hoping for 10 goals which isn't out of his reach based on that past

I’m curious how people think he could be used up front as a second striker with the way this team’s been built. I think he was signed to be a reliable player who can come off the bench. We’ll likely see him play across the front as needed, especially in late games.
0D221001-5EEF-46EA-A6A8-93988C20D688.jpeg

As you can see, coming in off the left and errr taking kickoff are his particular strengths

Pretty much yup, we look like we'll stick with 4-3-3 going forwards

Reactions: den

It's not.

I do think people just assume that all strikers still score 30 goals a season these days. They don't by and large.

He is more than capable of 10 goals which is an acceptable enough amount.

Of course a normal team would also be scoring goals for elsewhere. Maybe that wll happen going forward though.

He's fine for what he is. Disappointing thing with him is we still lack any pure finishers where you're just confident they'll take a chance if one presents itself. They're all just shoot it and hope it goes in. Honestly not sure who I'd say the best finisher is in the team at this point.

It's not.

I do think people just assume that all strikers still score 30 goals a season these days. They don't by and large.

He is more than capable of 10 goals which is an acceptable enough amount.

Of course a normal team would also be scoring goals for elsewhere. Maybe that wll happen going forward though.
Out of the 29 premier league seasons to date, our top scorer has scored 11 or more 18 times. Maupay's goals per game is comparable to Kevin Campbell's and Big Dunc's, which is fine for your second-choice striker.

He's fine for what he is. Disappointing thing with him is we still lack any pure finishers where you're just confident they'll take a chance if one presents itself. They're all just shoot it and hope it goes in. Honestly not sure who I'd say the best finisher is in the team at this point.
Michael Keane...

Status
Not open for further replies.