2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 24 games in 2020/21 like.

It's not a matter of what happened in the past or attitude. Itls a matter of players coping or otherwise with injury. Dominic Calvert-Lewin appears to be in danger of going the same way as Mina. This next period back will be crucial.

I hope he's back and handing us 12 goals. However, it'd be VERY wise to prepare for the opposite and bring in a new striker in January - the one we didn't get this summer.
I would wait and review things in January. The number of decent strikers available will be lower so I wouldn’t be in a rush then unless DCL is out.

How many times would you roughly say you've watched Brighton mate?

And why where you in particular doing so? ?
Always makes me laugh when people say they watch other teams all the time. Yeah, maybe highlights on Motd, maybe cup/european games, but why would you choose to watch full matches of other teams regularly?

Like when Dave says he watched Rangers regularly when managed by Gerrard. Why?

Now Dench watching Brighton regularly. Why?

I really don't get it.

Always makes me laugh when people say they watch other teams all the time. Yeah, maybe highlights on Motd, maybe cup/european games, but why would you choose to watch full matches of other teams regularly?

Like when Dave says he watched Rangers regularly when managed by Gerrard. Why?

Now Dench watching Brighton regularly. Why?

I really don't get it.
Some of us like football in general and not just the team we support.

Some of us like football in general and not just the team we support.
Yeah, and that's fine. After everton, I watch more of Newcastle than other teams because of where I live and my family/friends. But, I don't watch their matches regularly as in, every game all the way through in the way some posters insinuate they do for other teams.

Laugh all you like. That point is moot.

I wouldn’t go blasting money around on a striker in January if Maupay and Dominic Calvert-Lewin are both available. That would look like financial mismanagement to me.
Right, what we want is an upgrade on Gray that can also cover striker, and Gray coming on as legs tire. That said, we should get a decent sample on whether or not McNeil plays well enough with DCL to render that move unnecessary prior to the window.

I’m curious how people think he could be used up front as a second striker with the way this team’s been built. I think he was signed to be a reliable player who can come off the bench. We’ll likely see him play across the front as needed, especially in late games.
I believe he will prove to be far better than that.
Ultimately players are picked on form rather than the fee paid for them or the club they came from.
He is a hard working team player who will weigh in with goals during the season. I think he is very much a team player and an intelligent player.

Status
Not open for further replies.