2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no excuse for missing that chance but I am going to try and find one for him. Gordon dived across his line just in front of him which prevented him from taking it first time. By the time he had taken a touch there was a defender cutting off the angle to the far corner. That being said he should have been able to bury it in the other corner

Having a serviceable striker helped the balance of the team. You have to think there will be improvement after a few more games
Good effort sir!

He basically didn't direct or stick his foot through the shot- but Maupay's goals to games show he's not really been a natural striker in his career to date anywhere.

Points you and others have made about balance to the team, work rate, creating opportunities for others are fair though. We do have goals across our front 3 and MF and CBs are gonna have to to chime in, too. Maybe he can help there.

And also, maybe I'm wrong and he can nick a few winners here n there. All blues want that and I hope I am wrong.

Very tough run of games coming up now though and the poor amount of points we've got against other bottom half sides I fear will be evident once these next 6 games are out the way. Our situation needing to replace Rico was known in June and our forward options is a costly issue that was avoidable - the only smear really on Lamps and Thelwell's rebulding. But it is a whopper of a mistake I think.

Good effort sir!

He basically didn't direct or stick his foot through the shot- but Maupay's goals to games show he's not really been a natural striker in his career to date anywhere.

Points you and others have made about balance to the team, work rate, creating opportunities for others are fair though. We do have goals across our front 3 and MF and CBs are gonna have to to chime in, too. Maybe he can help there.

And also, maybe I'm wrong and he can nick a few winners here n there. All blues want that and I hope I am wrong.

Very tough run of games coming up now though and the poor amount of points we've got against other bottom half sides I fear will be evident once these next 6 games are out the way. Our situation needing to replace Rico was known in June and our forward options is a costly issue that was avoidable - the only smear really on Lamps and Thelwell's rebulding. But it is a whopper of a mistake I think.

Set pieces should be a good option for us if we had someone that could take them.

Also worth noting having an actual mobile striker in there created problems and chances in itself. The one where Davies hits the post, does Maupay slip or a defender block well? Rondon or a winger filling in isn’t in that position in the first place.

Could visibly see the benefit of having a striker in there

If he misses another opening like yesterday again, also if Dominic Calvert-Lewin gets injured in training next week, then they should both be put down.
Mykelenko & McNeil after their performances yesterday should both spend a week in the Stocks.
What not sure how myko had a bad game when he kept salah from having a good game. Thought he had a good game maupay yes he should have taken his chance but worked hard and helped the team keep the shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.