2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes such a difference to our team having an actual striker on the pitch.. someone who knows the role and not an out of position winger.

I thought he was excellent, got into great positions and never stopped running. He plays like that every week and the goals will come, for sure.

If he misses another opening like yesterday again, also if Dominic Calvert-Lewin gets injured in training next week, then they should both be put down.
Mykelenko & McNeil after their performances yesterday should both spend a week in the Stocks.
Such controversy

He's not a sole striker - but he led the line well on Saturday - despite not being match fit.
I'm also thinking that he'll complement DCL far better than Richy ever did. Like Inchy and Sharp.
At home we should play with both DCL and Maupay anyway.
He will get goals - I'm sure of that.

He'll get what it says on the tin: 8 goals.

That's ok. He's not Messi and we shouldn;t expect any more than that. If he gets 10 or more then he'll have over delivered given his career average.

We're going to need Gray and Gordon getting 7/8 goals and the likes of Onana, Garner, McNeil, Tarkowski and Coady chipping in with 3/4 each. If DCL gets a few games we can expect maybe 5 or so from him.

Hopefully we score around 40 goals. That's a bit less than last season but I cant see us shipping 66 goals again this season. If we can get the goals conceded down to around 50 then we'll easily stay up and maybe end up around 13th/14th.

He'll get what it says on the tin: 8 goals.

That's ok. He's not Messi and we shouldn;t expect any more than that. If he gets 10 or more then he'll have over delivered given his career average.

We're going to need Gray and Gordon getting 7/8 goals and the likes of Onana, Garner, McNeil, Tarkowski and Coady chipping in with 3/4 each. If Dominic Calvert-Lewin gets a few games we can expect maybe 5 or so from him.

Hopefully we score around 40 goals. That's a bit less than last season but I cant see us shipping 66 goals again this season. If we can get the goals conceded down to around 50 then we'll easily stay up and maybe end up around 13th/14th.
He back next week, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.