2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
And McNeil , I think we are buying players that clubs are trying to get of their books and let us pay it off on long term installments.
Of course we are. It's the only way we can realistically operate in the transfer market at the moment. We'd have struggled to do much business at all if we had to pay full transfer fees up front, so we bought what we could where we could. Probably the way it will be in the short term, until we learn to sell players and reinvest effectively.

Of course we are. It's the only way we can realistically operate in the transfer market at the moment. We'd have struggled to do much business at all if we had to pay full transfer fees up front, so we bought what we could where we could. Probably the way it will be in the short term, until we learn to sell players and reinvest effectively.

Scary thing is we have no decent players to sell.

Scary thing is we have no decent players to sell.
Yeah, very few. JP, Patterson, Onana, DCL, Gordon are the obvious names that spring to mind, maybe Myko and Garner, but the majority have very little sale value in the market. No one is falling over themselves to take a Gomes or Davies or Gray or Rondon or Mina or Holgate.

Gonna be a lonnnngggg "rebuild", and it doesn't help when you put the likes of Maupay and McNeil on the books to be next season's deadwood.

Maupay is a forward much like Naismith was for us. A good player that will score the odd goal, get in the opposition’s face, support the striker. He isn’t, and never was going to be the main man on the front line.
His problem, and our biggest problem is we don’t have a main man. WE NEED A STRIKER!!!

Maupay is a forward much like Naismith was for us. A good player that will score the odd goal, get in the opposition’s face, support the striker. He isn’t, and never was going to be the main man on the front line.
His problem, and our biggest problem is we don’t have a main man. WE NEED A STRIKER!!!
We’re expecting him to fulfil Don’s role and play like he’s still there. It’s a square peg, in a around hole.

He was constantly on the bench for them which is why he wanted to leave.

He played 25 games last season for them.
He wasnt what we needed for sure. But he contributed to a team with shape and structure and a club who buy players to fit that.
The complete opposite to Everton on most signings.
Its time to look at Everton on this one. Less the player.

He played 25 games last season for them.
He wasnt what we needed for sure. But he contributed to a team with shape and structure and a club who buy players to fit that.
The complete opposite to Everton on most signings.
Its time to look at Everton on this one. Less the player.
I'm not saying he's a world beater, far from it, however I asked last night what our plan is to score goals; what are we expecting of our forward line?

We feel like we're going out with the message of, 'Go and score goals,' without planning to do x, y and z.

I'm not saying he's a world beater, far from it, however I asked last night what our plan is to score goals; what are we expecting of our forward line?

We feel like we're going out with the message of, 'Go and score goals,' without planning to do x, y and z.

At the moment. A shot on target would be nice. What was it? 180 minutes a few games ago without one.
We have managed to master that brilliant combination of strikers who dont score and midfielders who provide no service.
I feel a bit for those who lead the line at Everton though. The service is virtually non existent.

At the moment. A shot on target would be nice. What was it? 180 minutes a few games ago without one.
We have managed to master that brilliant combination of strikers who dont score and midfielders who provide no service.
I feel a bit for those who lead the line at Everton though. The service is virtually non existent.
That's what I'm implying. I'm not stating the midfield are to blame alone, but I can't see what our strategy is to make the chances to score goals.

This comes from the management and what we're doing (or not doing) on the training ground because it feels as if we're unsure what to do in the final third.

Status
Not open for further replies.