Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbf most Evertonians absolutely despise Gordon's antics. Richarlison embellished, Gordon just plain ole dives.
This genuinely warms my heart. Call me old fashioned (I’m 36!) but I just don’t like cheats whether they are “one of ours” or not. Gordon annoys me because the guy is clearly so talented, but every time he dives I think “grow up”.

Hello lads. Brighton fan here.

Neal is a brilliant little player (or Neil as we affectionately like to call him lol).

He doesn’t offer much in terms of stature, but he more than makes up for it with his ability to wind the opposition fans up, which I’m sure you’d all agree is just as important as 20 goals a season.

Good luck for the season except when you play us of course lol.

Brighton fan here.

Neal is an out and out striker, his game is running in behind - and he will run all day long. His touch isn’t the best and he is pretty hopeless back to goal - but that isn’t his game. I am assuming he will be asked to play on the shoulder for you.

Maupay offers nothing in the air, as you’d expect given his height and build. What he does offer though is enthusiasm and a really good work rate- the guy runs his socks off every game. You will never feel short changed in effort with Neal.

The big problem, speaking as a Brighton fan exclusively based on my own experiences, is his finishing.

He gets himself in fantastic positions but often he looks lost when he’s right there in front of goal. Maupay runs his socks off - sometimes when a big chance comes to him, he blows it - personally I suspect it is because he is gassed from all the running.

Finally; the shithousery. If he’s yours, you’ll love him. Most football fans love having a “shithouse” as one of their own.

You’ve had a few players in recent years I don’t exactly admire for their sportsmanship, namely Richarlison and Gordon. Maupay is a wind up merchant and - personally I don’t like it. I appreciate every team needs some steel and attitude - Neal is often more worried about the opposition fans than his own game.

Any questions feel free to ask, or if you want to insult me, do that too! Cheers lads.
Thanks mate and welcome to GOT. I’m non plussed on Maupay but haven’t seen enough so it’s with interest I read your assessment of him. Dare say £15m for a player you’re phasing out is received well amongst your fans?

Just a random question but how do you feel about Crystal Palace really?

Hello lads. Brighton fan here.

Neal is a brilliant little player (or Neil as we affectionately like to call him lol).

He doesn’t offer much in terms of stature, but he more than makes up for it with his ability to wind the opposition fans up, which I’m sure you’d all agree is just as important as 20 goals a season.

Good luck for the season except when you play us of course lol.
Always liked Brighton mate proper club. Will keep an eye out for your results this season don’t worry we will look after your lad.

Please don’t sign this Mauppet

We will end up needing another striker in a season or 2 simply because he is not good enough.

Lampard is terrible when it comes to spotting attacking talent.

Thanks mate and welcome to GOT. I’m non pleased on Maupay but haven’t seen enough so it’s with interest I read your assessment of him. Dare say £15m for a player you’re phasing out is received well amongst your fans?

Just a random question but how do you feel about Crystal Palace really?
Thanks for the reply mate and thanks for the welcome.

I think £15m is a good fee for both parties. I don’t think you’ve overpaid and Brighton haven’t been stung either.

Maupay has been phased out somewhat and we have Undav now, who is essentially a direct replacement. In my opinion Maupay is a big improvement on your current options up front. He isn’t going to be a 30 goal man, but he’s a massive upgrade on Rondon - that’s for sure!

Personally I am not tribalistic when it comes to football. I just love the game and my club, without hating other teams. But don’t get me wrong, the Brighton/Palace rival is a big thing!

I think £15m is a good fee for both parties. I don’t think you’ve overpaid and Brighton haven’t been stung either.

Maupay has been phased out somewhat and we have Undav now, who is essentially a direct replacement. In my opinion Maupay is a big improvement on your current options up front. He isn’t going to be a 30 goal man, but he’s a massive upgrade on Rondon - that’s for sure!

Personally I am not tribalistic when it comes to football. I just love the game and my club, without hating other teams. But don’t get me wrong, the Brighton/Palace rival is a big thing!
R.7c455c9bfc150104075065b7c738c32f

Pleasing to see you think we haven’t overpaid pal, something which we are the benchmark for since we “got rich” and got much worse. Seen you and a few others say he works hard and has some edge about him so if he turns out like a Steven Naismith for a few seasons then he’s an improvement on what we got.

Note to those who chased Naismith out because they said we’d outgrown him, I’ll come back to you at a later date.

Nice to see a reasonable approach to football rivalry too as if you said anything demeaning I was gonna tag in our resident Palace fan @Alan Whittle to try and drag you both in the Arena. Not that we can talk about rivalry as that would indicate any form of competitiveness with ours. As an Evertonian I hate Everton more than any other club.

You positive about this season for your bunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.