Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s played over 30 games every season since Brighton signed him, playing as a starting striker in this league. I’m being genuine when I ask this, where’s the arbitrary line of teams that you draw that have starting strikers that are “good enough” for us with currently no strikers. Is Watkins good enough? Vardy? Toney? Adams? Jiminez?

I think you get my point. I would say at this current moment literally every other team in the Premier League has a striker that I’d take to play the role Maupay will for us, I’ll go even further and say most Championship teams have one too.

Genuinely what is good enough for you people? I’ve said it a million times this summer, we were easily one of the worst teams in the league last year deservedly, we have improved on that team dramatically so far and look to be doing more. Adding starting players from teams that were consistently better than us makes us better, especially when that player comes into a position where we literally have no options. That is a simple fact.

We’re all Everton fans and we love the club obviously but be objective and please understand that is it a miracle that we’ve got some sort of quality into the team this window because we cannot be an attractive proposition to sell to a player. At least before we could throw money at a problem, we can’t even do that now.

Adding players like Maupay, Tarkowski, McNeil, Coady etc. won’t make us a side that will challenge for anything major but you have to understand that they’re all decent Premier League level players, which in turn will make us a decent Premier League side, a side that we can hopefully build off of and iterate on.

Forget your nonsense of “if we had to rely on Maupay for 15 games”, he can clearly be relied on as a Premier League starting striker, he’s more than proven that already. The fact that he might be able to push Calvert Lewin for his spot in the team is a positive.

He will most likely never get 15+ goals a season for us but look around, what other players are. There was around 25 players last year that got 10 or more league goals, only 7 or 8 were strikers. Maupay will play a role, it might not always be scoring but it’ll be a useful role within the team nonetheless.

Don’t be so negative about a player that’s not even signed yet, never mind even kicked a ball.

All of the neg heads need to read this to be fair. Some people will just never be happy. We could sign Ronaldo and half our fan base would be in uproar.

Hi all, Brighton fan here, just some info on Maupay. Strange to see u in for him, a very good Championship player who scores goals in that league but ok at Premier league, however from his time at Brighton i will say this,

he makes good runs when not in possession, and finds space well bringing others into play

He will score the harder chances, overhead kicks little dinks over the keeper, but will miss alot of easier chances.

He is one of these players who needs confidence, a few games without scoring or a couple of missed chances and his head goes.

He is a good windup merchant, just ask any Arsenal fans, they hate him.

If he does go to you i wish him all the best and many BHAFC fans would say the same, hopefully he might improve.

Good luck for rest if season except against us of course.

Hi all, Brighton fan here, just some info on Maupay. Strange to see u in for him, a very good Championship player who scores goals in that league but ok at Premier league, however from his time at Brighton i will say this,

he makes good runs when not in possession, and finds space well bringing others into play

He will score the harder chances, overhead kicks little dinks over the keeper, but will miss alot of easier chances.

He is one of these players who needs confidence, a few games without scoring or a couple of missed chances and his head goes.

He is a good windup merchant, just ask any Arsenal fans, they hate him.

If he does go to you i wish him all the best and many BHAFC fans would say the same, hopefully he might improve.

Good luck for rest if season except against us of course.

Better than Rondon already.

He scored a high percentage of the Brighton goals but they never scored very many so that may be on him. He is better than Rondon but to avoid relegation that is far too low of a bar.

I mean, he might be part of the reason they struggled to score. Just saying.
Make the advanced stats argument, then. Otherwise, I'm inclined to believe that he kept them up three years running. Goals scored of 10/8/8 over three years? Looks like a superhero in this squad.

If they're selling someone they bought for +/- 20 million pounds because he is on his last contract year and won't re-up, the price is also likely to be right for this contribution.

Thanks for the intel, mate.

Just read the above bit and can say hand on heart that he is coming to the right club if he needs moral support. Our fans are a supportive bunch of level headed thinkers, so he will be fine here. Thanks again and good luck for the season, two games aside.

Thanks for the intel, mate.

Just read the above bit and can say hand on heart that he is coming to the right club if he needs moral support. Our fans are a supportive bunch of level headed thinkers, so he will be fine here. Thanks again and good luck for the season, two games aside.
He'll be fine as long as he deletes all social media accounts. Which, sadly, could be said about a very large number of fanbases these days.

All of that nonsense seems to go out the window when we're up against it, somehow. Everton fans, broadly, are a bit like my ex-wife. Good in a crisis, egotistical and fighting over the bedsheets otherwise. Plenty of exceptions, of course.

The nice thing about our fans is that most of them seem to have values, which has become a rare thing.

15 M not a bad deal tbf, got a bit of pace, plays off the shoulder & can finish, suppose he’s a second rate Ollie Watkins but he’ll do, far better than Adams & I’d still swerve that South American Stokie, 6.5/10 on the jizzometer.

Status
Not open for further replies.