Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if one goal every 8 games is good enough for you than fair enough. I just think we should be aiming a bit higher than that.
He scores 1 in 4. I'd like us to sign a 30 goal a season striker but that's simply not happening because we have the perfect mix of being skint and also dire

Brighton fan here.

Neal is an out and out striker, his game is running in behind - and he will run all day long. His touch isn’t the best and he is pretty hopeless back to goal - but that isn’t his game. I am assuming he will be asked to play on the shoulder for you.

Maupay offers nothing in the air, as you’d expect given his height and build. What he does offer though is enthusiasm and a really good work rate- the guy runs his socks off every game. You will never feel short changed in effort with Neal.

The big problem, speaking as a Brighton fan exclusively based on my own experiences, is his finishing.

He gets himself in fantastic positions but often he looks lost when he’s right there in front of goal. Maupay runs his socks off - sometimes when a big chance comes to him, he blows it - personally I suspect it is because he is gassed from all the running.

Finally; the shithousery. If he’s yours, you’ll love him. Most football fans love having a “shithouse” as one of their own.

You’ve had a few players in recent years I don’t exactly admire for their sportsmanship, namely Richarlison and Gordon. Maupay is a wind up merchant and - personally I don’t like it. I appreciate every team needs some steel and attitude - Neal is often more worried about the opposition fans than his own game.

Any questions feel free to ask, or if you want to insult me, do that too! Cheers lads.
We're about to sell a fella who is enthusiastic but can't finish for about 60m, so Maupay is an absolute bargain.

Thanks for sharing. ;)

Well if one goal every 8 games is good enough for you than fair enough. I just think we should be aiming a bit higher than that.
I think we should to, but even some of the top clubs have struggled to find a decent striker this window, and I dont think the ones with decent figures would be willing to join us. It seems after Maupay the second forward were after will be one with potential who hopefully can deliver for us and get us up the table, and turn a decent profit in a few years to help improve our financial mess.

As much as I’d like a better striker, this does make sense. If we continue with one up top Dom when fit will be the one so Maupay isn’t a bad back up and perhaps they would even be good as a pair. Even if we go ahead with this I still have a feeling Broja may come here on loan, but time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.