2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has a higher ceiling than Seamus based on what I’ve saw. His defending today was fantastic and he’s got an engine on him.
I think he's gonna be brilliant and if he's as good as Seamus was at his height we are laughing. There was a point in Martinez's debut season where we genuinely had the best full back partnership in Europe. If he's as good as that then we're gonna be very lucky

Needs to start taking players on.

His chance today again came from seizing on a ball that pops out in the final third. It's something I mentioned a few times on here...

...it's a string to his bow but he needs to take on the left full back a lot more and add to his attacking game.

His chance today again came from seizing on a ball that pops out in the final third. It's something I mentioned a few times on here...

...it's a string to his bow but he needs to take on the left full back a lot more and add to his attacking game.

….so, now he’s a good defender but a poor attacker?

Swallow it David the lad was superb and has been almost every game this season.

Nobody will think any less of you if say you made a mistake with this lad.
A wee bit of praise wouldn't go amiss either.
I seen a lot there today that was good. He competed very well. That was what was required in a Merseyside Derby. But I also saw him knock balls back that went out for corners to Liverpool, I saw him losing track of who was behind him again in the area, and my biggest criticism is that for a lad with pace and power he is VERY timid at taking on the opposition FB one to one.

He deserves a 7/10 for that game today because he was targeted by Liverpool and held up very well. But those things above are all still there to be worked on, and you can bet Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole will be on at him over it. Cole especially will be asking why he's failing to drive at and commit the opposition LB.

I seen a lot there today that was good. He competed very well. That was what was required in a Merseyside Derby. But I also saw him knock balls back that went out for corners to Liverpool, I saw him losing track of who was behind him again in the area, and my biggest criticism is that for a lad with pace and power he is VERY timid at taking on the opposition FB one to one.

He deserves a 7/10 for that game today because he was targeted by Liverpool and held up very well. But those things above are all still there to be worked on, and you can bet Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole will be on at him over it. Cole especially will be asking why he's failing to drive at and commit the opposition LB.
In other words he’s a lot better than you told us he was

In other words he’s a lot better than you told us he was

No, Ive alsywas said he has an attcking side to his game. Defending...as I just said...which means focussing all game...is something to be worked on.

People are talking aboput Diaz being kept quiet. I dont know whay, he was their best player involved in everything for them.

Do you still believe "his defensive work remains awful"?

Status
Not open for further replies.