2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same mate, I was super meh about it as a signing, was completely wrong, love the bloke already - and he can play in a back 4 that's beyond doubt for me now

Our 2 best performances this season have been in a back 4 and he's looked rock solid

We can't under estimate the difference in how we can set up due to Onana. I think he's giving Iwobi huge confidence and then when you bring Gueye into the fold it bodes well.

A class act, please @davek stop digging, you got this one wrong, be man enough to admit it. He can defend and he is not a winger. I'm not saying he will be a top player , it's far too early for that, it's also far to early to write him off. Mind you with the slight adjustments you make to your stance week by week, I'm sure you will eventually claim that you immediately identified him as a potential top class full back. Just admit you got it wrong, no shame in that, I did with Iwobi.

Yep.
This 5 at the back thing should end and end now. There is no need for it. We will be more than fine with 4 at the back
Coadey and Tarkowski both just sent.to understand each others game - difference having two proper CB's together, and think the back four allows each to focus on 'leading'the fullback on their side - bsck four looks very solid now, having Onana in front of them mskes us so hard to play through nas well - means they aren't getting turned and negates their weaknesses of neither being fast.

Everything's coming in from wider or in front of them

Status
Not open for further replies.