2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont like the club. I make no secret of that. They are historically a very dodgy organisation. I'd prefer to do no business with them. But I judge players from anywhere on what they play like.

I refer you to Naismith's time here. He was turd to begin with and I was on his back...same as everyone. Then Roberto gave him that false nine role and he took off and then played some decent stuff, and I said so.

My view of Patterson will be guided by ability and form.

People are desperate to see a young Everton team do well. I get that. I do too. But there really is scant evidence so far to back up the reviews he's been getting.

He's a work in progress. It's just the reality of the situation...and I think most will agree too.
Of course he's a work in progress, any lad his age is but he's come in and is improving with each game and is looking a decent player already.

Another youngster at Rangers is Alex Lowrie, attacking midfielder, inside forward. Looks a quality player. Was recently injured in a B team game though, quite a bad tackle, no idea how serious the injury is or how long he will be out for.
Yeah, he played against Hearts last game of last season. Stood out an absolute mile and scored a good goal. I’d been watching him run the show against Hearts and just assumed he was from the continent because his technique/composure was so good. After a while said to my brother, who’s he - where did Rangers manage to get him from looks too good for them…just about fell off my seat when he said he was a young guy from their youth team.

Yeah, he played against Hearts last game of last season. Stood out an absolute mile and scored a good goal. I’d been watching him run the show against Hearts and just assumed he was from the continent because his technique/composure was so good. After a while said to my brother, who’s he - where did Rangers manage to get him from looks too good for them…just about fell off my seat when he said he was a young guy from their youth team.
There’s something about Lowrie that reminds me of Ian Durrant, I think it’s his attitude, his approach to the game. He plays the game like it’s a kickabout with his mates down the park.

There’s something about Lowrie that reminds me of Ian Durrant, I think it’s his attitude, his approach to the game. He plays the game like it’s a kickabout with his mates down the park.
Last players at his age (or younger) that stood out first time I watched them like that were Nathan Paterson and Aaron Hickey. Far too classy for the SPL! Wouldn’t mind adding a wee midfield maestro. Get it done Kevin!

I dont think there'll be any flies on me. There'll be no major valting material of mine in here. I've said umpteen times he's poor defensivley (he is) but that he has something going forward (he has) and that he should have been learning his trade defensively in the Championship (he should).

Nothing I've seen this far persuades me against my judgments.

It's noticeable that the posters who are hyping this lad up just go for my posts to attack and not the many more numerous ones that state similar about him - that he's got potential but mistakes in him and this last game has been about his best but even that had major flaws to it.....

? ? ?

Sitting on holiday watching him play RB against Lyon in the Europa League group stages and he doesn't look at all out of place. Not getting forward too much, playing RB in place of Tavernier. Not being funny Lyon would be top 6 EPL. Can't defend do me a favour. Watching a tactical performance way beyond where we should be money wise. If we had your money! Instead of wondering if he will make it with you better wonder how long you can keep hold of him.

Sitting on holiday watching him play RB against Lyon in the Europa League group stages and he doesn't look at all out of place. Not getting forward too much, playing RB in place of Tavernier. Not being funny Lyon would be top 6 EPL. Can't defend do me a favour. Watching a tactical performance way beyond where we should be money wise. If we had your money! Instead of wondering if he will make it with you better wonder how long you can keep hold of him.

There was a moment against Leeds where their player went past him and was heading into the area for a cross. What impressed me was his recovery, he got back quickly and cut out the cross.

A world away from the likes of Hibbert who when beaten would jog back like a fella holding in a dump in a busy shopping precinct looking for his missus.

Status
Not open for further replies.