2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont like the club. I make no secret of that. They are historically a very dodgy organisation. I'd prefer to do no business with them. But I judge players from anywhere on what they play like.

I refer you to Naismith's time here. He was turd to begin with and I was on his back...same as everyone. Then Roberto gave him that false nine role and he took off and then played some decent stuff, and I said so.

My view of Patterson will be guided by ability and form.

People are desperate to see a young Everton team do well. I get that. I do too. But there really is scant evidence so far to back up the reviews he's been getting.

He's a work in progress. It's just the reality of the situation...and I think most will agree too.
You were on Pattersons back before he even appeared for us. Based off you allegedly spending your free time watching Steven gerrards Rangers team play, a club you claim to dislike. (Don't know why you would watch a team you dislike, while they are managed by a kopite legend to be honest).

Surely if you are guided by ability and form, you would wait to see him actually play for us and judge him on that, but you didnt. When he has played for us he has been decent including a motm performance.

I think with a proper striker in place his offensive game will thrive as he'll be able to provide more crosses a skill which he seems proficient
Possession, once the midfield is sorted and the team can hold onto the ball better in midfield and upfront, control territory and push teams back into their own half, you’ll see Patterson be more effective as an offensive player.

Another youngster at Rangers is Alex Lowrie, attacking midfielder, inside forward. Looks a quality player. Was recently injured in a B team game though, quite a bad tackle, no idea how serious the injury is or how long he will be out for.
I hope they're firmly on our radar. And I'm sure Frank has half an eye on Billy Gilmour's progress too.

Or you could just get on folks back until they've done something to deserve it you oddball. You've slaughtered the boy for getting his first MotM last night. Sad.

We can see you are definitely losing your gusto on this now which is beautiful viewing. This thread is going to be a classic and I hope it's brought up for years to come. All the different narratives you've stitched together as you've tried to defend your abuse of this young man are being recorded for posterity.

I dont think there'll be any flies on me. There'll be no major valting material of mine in here. I've said umpteen times he's poor defensivley (he is) but that he has something going forward (he has) and that he should have been learning his trade defensively in the Championship (he should).

Nothing I've seen this far persuades me against my judgments.

It's noticeable that the posters who are hyping this lad up just go for my posts to attack and not the many more numerous ones that state similar about him - that he's got potential but mistakes in him and this last game has been about his best but even that had major flaws to it.....

I dont think there'll be any flies on me. There'll be no major valting material of mine in here. I've said umpteen times he's poor defensivley (he is) but that he has something going forward (he has) and that he should have been learning his trade defensively in the Championship (he should).

Nothing I've seen this far persuades me against my judgments.

It's noticeable that the posters who are hyping this lad up just go for my posts to attack and not the many more numerous ones that state similar about him - that he's got potential but mistakes in him and this last game has been about his best but even that had major flaws to it.....
I think the difference between them and you is that they didn't jump on the kids back before he had even kicked a ball for us because of a dislike of how a club, that's not in our league, that's not even in our country is run, and he just happened to be employed by them.

And then when he performs well (which he has on the whole while playing for us, specifically last night) they acknowledge he had a good game and played well and don't try and make out it wasn't down to him but was down to other reasons.

Well played Nathan - was super impressive last night and did VERY well defensively, outside of a couple mistakes. Which if you watch the PL every week, you know happens to even the best defenders over 90 minutes, especially when the opposition controls possession. Love this kid so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.