Mulling Over Morgan Boos

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - no you dont boo your players during the game in the heat of the battle , the supporters are the 12th man against the opposition or dodgy ref - therefore booing your own players is like changing your team allegiance

after the game - if the team or player is not showing commitment or reguarly playing crap thats OK , so they get the message

If he had personal issues leading to poor performance, he is at the best club in the world to give him time and space and he would have everyone's support.

But this just seems to be down to him and his attitude.

There has to be some accountability for poor performance at this salary level. A quid pro quo if you like.

Imagine if he had to deal with Alex Ferguson regarding this?

I'm not advocating rough house treatment of players and it's not long ago we had people like Archie Knox in the dressing room but for gods sake Schneiderlin has everything going for him.

Its not a lot to ask that he shows some respect and acts like he is interested.

I don't and never have booed one of our players - I don't understand how folks believe this can help a player to get over any problem he has.

He certainly has under-performed and is lucky to still be at the club, but boo one of our players - never!

I would have made an exception if we had signed Barton, but that is a personal dislike of him, nothing to do with any performance he may or may not have made.

That isn't the point at all. It's gone way past the point of trying to "help" him, he doesn't give a toss about playing for us and that is not going to change. The booing is not to try and shake him into action and get him to raise his game because that would be futile. The booing is to try and make him and the manager fully aware that he's not welcome here.

Terry Darracott was playing at right back in the late 70s or early 80s, I don't remember who we were playing, but he and I've no doubt
a few others were having a poor game. He found himself about 30 yards out to the right of the penalty box at the Stanley Park end, He had
a blast and (Unlike Stevie G. didn't get a deflection) ballooned it into the stands, He dropped his head in shame I think, and ran back to his position, he was roundly booed by me and a lot of other blues, he must have ran 40 yards before the booing changed to clapping him, I
also changed to clapping him, I think a few of us learnt a lesson that day. Save the booing for referees and dirty fouls.

Terry Darracott was playing at right back in the late 70s or early 80s, I don't remember who we were playing, but he and I've no doubt
a few others were having a poor game. He found himself about 30 yards out to the right of the penalty box at the Stanley Park end, He had
a blast and (Unlike Stevie G. didn't get a deflection) ballooned it into the stands, He dropped his head in shame I think, and ran back to his position, he was roundly booed by me and a lot of other blues, he must have ran 40 yards before the booing changed to clapping him, I
also changed to clapping him, I think a few of us learnt a lesson that day. Save the booing for referees and dirty fouls.
World of difference between a player wanting to help the team win and having a crack at goal and a coward actively not putting the most basic of effort in and hiding from passes and just being a passenger. The only lesson being taught here is that Evertonians wont stand for players not trying, and rightly so.

I didn't boo him myself, and genuinely don't agree with it in them circumstances. I think Schneiderlin has contributed to a lot of the problems with his poor performances and attitude, but where I differ from some other fans is the view that he is one of the only players whose attitude has been poor and should be singled out. There have been loads of our players for a few seasons now who've had a questionable attitude and quite a few of them were around during Martinez' final season. To single him out like that, whilst not doing the same for the others is unfair imo.

With his performances though I think there are several reasons for them being poor. One has been down to his own form, and to an extent lack of effort. But he is quite clearly a good player on his day and he showed it last season so there is obviously more to it. All 3 of our managers this season have misused him and caused our team problems by trying to fit him in alongside Gana. Gana is the better of the 2 in that role and has the better attitude so it should have been Schneiderlin that was left out.

Some of our supporters also jump on the bandwagon once they get an idea in their head. The belief that he is a crab is over exaggerated because you have to look at the wider context. Quite often he will play the ball backwards or sideways because there are few options ahead of him, and he wants to retain possession. It's not always the wrong thing to do but people moan nearly every time he does it. Having Gana doing a similar thing in games where we have needed more has increased fan frustration but for me that is down to the manager as well and their team selections. Last season it was less noticeable because Gana and Schneiderlin had the likes of Barkley and Lukaku ahead of them.

I cant see Big Sam putting him through that again to be honest, cant be having booing going on for our own players during a match. I think that will be it until the summer where he will be offloaded to a West Ham or similar, and probably play a blinder.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him refuse to play Mikey, or he may ask Allardyce to be left out of the squad.

Depends really doesn't it?

If he decides he wants to play then he could try and mend some fences with the supporters

Let's face it, if there was some form of contrition from him I think a lot of our fan base would give him another chance

Status
Not open for further replies.