Mulling Over Morgan Boos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still baffled as to the reason for his laissez-faire attitude this season. Would have thought that after his treatment at United, and in a World Cup year and trying to get into a brilliant French national squad, he'd have all the motivation in the world to give his all to Everton.

It'll be interesting to see his interviews in a few years' time when he's asked about his time at Everton.

I wasn't surprised at the boos as much as I was the aura of venom it had about it...it was frosty, for sure, and that is an uncommon thing. It's undeniable that he's pissed off quite a few.

No-one around me booed, but there were mutterings of discontent. It's very hard to like a player that strolls around with his hands in his pockets, half-heartedly sticking a leg out now and again.
At Southampton he was a good player, never less than fully committed. Then he secured his big move to Old Trafford and apparently downed tools. Undoubtedly his much-improved contract was passed on when he signed for us.
The thing that really sticks in my craw is that Goodison is full of people who pay a significant proportion of their income to see their team play. Schneiderlin could retire tomorrow and never have to do a day's work in his puff. His attitude and performances stink. I can't vilify anyone who chose to boo Allardyce's decision to bring this disgrace on.

For all those saying "how is it going to make him better?", simple retort: how is it going to make him worse?

I just don't understand the idea you can't boo a player even is if they've been as terrible as Schneiderlein. How ELSE are they to know their performances and attitude is completely unacceptable? What, is he going yo log on to GOT and read his thread? Grumbling with a few mates over a pint hours later doesn't affect ANYTHING. At least this way he, and hopefully loads others, know what the people who pay a ton of money think of him.
I know what you're saying, and I'm kind of in two minds about the booing personally.

I think there is a possibility that it could make things a lot worse though. How popular is Schneiderlin in the squad? How popular is he in the wider footballing community? Is there a possibility that he's got some stuff going on in his personal life? What i'm getting at, is there is clearly a chance that some of our existing players may think Schneiderlin has been harshly treated by fans, and so a bigger disconnect may be caused between players and fans. People are really quick to get on their high horse and give pelters to Lukaku, Stones, Barkley etc for wanting to leave, but if your best mate was getting booed by his own fans and you thought he was giving it his best shot despite having a few problems in his life, would you think 'I really want to commit myself to this club and repay these fans'?

I'm not saying that will happen by the way, simply that it's not quite as simple as saying 'can't do any harm'.

I thought it was booing more against Sam for not being on tosun.
Maybe some of the boos were booing the people booing, creating a sort of infinite closed loop of booing until nobody quite knows what the heck they are all booing for in the first place! That's why it's best to never boo a situation like this to begin with. Next time an unpopular sub is made, people should revert back to the old and trusted disgruntled groans, mutterings and silence. Then, at the end of the game, chant a catchy, poetically offensive comment appropriate to the situation.

Still baffled as to the reason for his laissez-faire attitude this season. Would have thought that after his treatment at United, and in a World Cup year and trying to get into a brilliant French national squad, he'd have all the motivation in the world to give his all to Everton.

It'll be interesting to see his interviews in a few years' time when he's asked about his time at Everton.
I think he was leaving in January and this was in place for a few months only for the injury to McCarthy to kill any move... for now.

There's an obvious malaise at our beloved club.

MS, and his recent 'attitude', is just a manifestation of this rot.

Why mark him out?, the bulk of the squad look as if they can't be bothered.

Come the Summer, we need a kosher manager who has the guts to bin the lot.

Big difference between players like Cuco, who signed on a free and was never good enough to begin with... players like Jagielka, Williams, Howard, and Distin, who physically declined but kept getting picked and were left exposed time and time again... and Schneiderlin, who cost a hefty sum, showed his quality, and now clearly can’t be bothered to do it again. I mean he had a chance to join a squad that might win the World Cup this summer and simply wasn’t arsed. Boo that all day long.

Didnt boo myself but ive no problem with those that did.Sometimes you have got to send a message to players who obviously dont give a toss that weve had enough,you cant just come on the pitch and ask for the ball and at the same time stand behind two opposing players knowing your not going to get the pass.Which he does a lot of the time.Be interesting next game he comes on as to what the reaction will be,me personally would rather bend him over me knee on the half way line and whack him across the ass with the corner flag, but everyone to their own

Status
Not open for further replies.