2020/21 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
56 appearances he 's made for us. Since then, he's made 52 appearances in the Championship, and Sheffield United saw fit to let him feature 13 times for them last season, during which he scored his only goal in English football in a 2-0 win vs Millwall in the FA Cup.

Now, I'm not expecting clubs to be falling over themselves to sign him, but you'd think somebody would be interested in taking him. Managers have seen fit to use him wherever he's been.

So why exactly is he proving difficult to shift?

....folk concentrate on poor acquisitions but you’re right, there’s also been some dreadful decisions regard in contract renewals. Mirallas, Besic, Pennington etc.

Maybe Penno is not on much. Like Connolly, Baningime and Boardhead the couple of u-23 we are looking to loan out or sell.

The main concern today is to loan out Bolasie and Besic.

Like other loans we probably would have to pay a great portion of his wages for his remaining contract anyway, should he makes a move.
Maybe he doesn't care for football anymore and just wants to enjoy the millionaire lifestyle,who knows. Every signing is a risk,it's all the fun of the game.

56 appearances he 's made for us. Since then, he's made 52 appearances in the Championship, and Sheffield United saw fit to let him feature 13 times for them last season, during which he scored his only goal in English football in a 2-0 win vs Millwall in the FA Cup.

Now, I'm not expecting clubs to be falling over themselves to sign him, but you'd think somebody would be interested in taking him. Managers have seen fit to use him wherever he's been.

So why exactly is he proving difficult to shift?

Wages I guess. Injury-prone. And I wouldn't imagine he is falling over himself to get a move either. That sort of attitude doesn't sell well to other managers.

Then who was to blame? Must be the one who gave out one. If he wants to kick on his career he really needs a move and this situation has been ongoing for a couple of years.
...he‘s probably looking to run down his contract for a lucrative Bosman. That is the way of things and we have to accept it. We will pick players up for free with no complaint on a Bosman, we have to accept players will leave via the same route.

its then a matter of cutting loss with a loan.
His Bosman would be a hell of a lot more „lucrative“ if he goes out on loan and has a decent season somewhere.

He recently turned 28. these should be his peak years. He only played 10-15 times last season and if he doesn’t go on loan the likelihood is that he’ll play 0 games this season.

2 seasons with hardly any football is a very big gamble to get a lucrative bosman. Especially as he’s essentially a championship standard player (Perhaps squad player for a bottom half PL team). Championship teams aren’t in a great financial shape right now and it probably won’t be any better in 12 months time.

His Bosman would be a hell of a lot more „lucrative“ if he goes out on loan and has a decent season somewhere.

He recently turned 28. these should be his peak years. He only played 10-15 times last season and if he doesn’t go on loan the likelihood is that he’ll play 0 games this season.

2 seasons with hardly any football is a very big gamble to get a lucrative bosman. Especially as he’s essentially a championship standard player (Perhaps squad player for a bottom half PL team). Championship teams aren’t in a great financial shape right now and it probably won’t be any better in 12 months time.

Spot on. Unless you play and perform the higher chance you will get a lucrative contract elsewhere.

...agree, I’d imagine he’d much prefer a loan to maintain form, fitness & profile. From the reports I read, there’s a lot of demand for him but his preference is to remain in this country.

Wages I guess. Injury-prone. And I wouldn't imagine he is falling over himself to get a move either. That sort of attitude doesn't sell well to other managers.

Possibly. He's always moved quite late in the window, hasn't he? It might just be a case of him wanting to weigh his full options up. I mean, he's spent the last 3 seasons out on loan, so I don't think there's a massive reluctance to move on his part.

Maybe it is just money, and from a club perspective, we're also weighing up our options in the hope of getting the biggest percentage of his wages paid possible.

Its only 10 weeks until the Jan window though, not long to sit on your hands, get paid, enjoy your Xmas and reassess, slap bang in the middle of a pandemic.

He and Bolaise might decide to take their chances and stay for that period for a desperate PL club to come in for them then.

Its only 10 weeks until the Jan window though, not long to sit on your hands, get paid, enjoy your Xmas and reassess, slap bang in the middle of a pandemic.

He and Bolaise might decide to take their chances and stay for that period for a desperate PL club to come in for them then.

Might be like Niasse and Martina last year. Or just no club came in with offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.