2018/19 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, Boro fans pretty much labelled him as showing talent, but inconsistent and never far from making a bad error.
He's basically a less talented Bosnian version of what Barkley was two or three seasons ago

If someone can coach the errors out of him, he'd be utter class. Sadly, you could say the same about loads of second tier players, and, once they're in their mid 20's they very rarely improve much.

Apparently, Boro fans pretty much labelled him as showing talent, but inconsistent and never far from making a bad error.
He's basically a less talented Bosnian version of what Barkley was two or three seasons ago

If someone can coach the errors out of him, he'd be utter class. Sadly, you could say the same about loads of second tier players, and, once they're in their mid 20's they very rarely improve much.

That’s what makes them that level isn’t it. I think it was Roy Keane that said everyone in the prem can play a game at the level of Man U but only the ones that can do it every week end up there. He’s has talent and that’s why we signed him and he’s had some very good games one of which was against one of the best teams in city. Doing it consistently is what his problem was , he was unlucky with injuries as when he seemed to look like he might get a chance he broke down which was sad as you could see the effort and desire to make it was there as he looked genuinely frustrated when he had to go off. Sadly he’s not young anymore and isn’t going to make it here but like I mentioned before I’m surprised he’s been so hard to shift as he has enough about him to play in a newly promoted team or lower prem side.

It baffles me why we are still talking about this guy. He is part of the huge problem we have had in recent history of retaining ordinary players on long contracts. We have struggled to offload him year after year. I wish him well but his stain must be expurgated from our books, along with the others, as soon as possible if we are to move on.

It baffles me why we are still talking about this guy. He is part of the huge problem we have had in recent history of retaining ordinary players on long contracts. We have struggled to offload him year after year. I wish him well but his stain must be expurgated from our books, along with the others, as soon as possible if we are to move on.

It is just not easy when they are on such good wages which signing clubs may not match even if they actually wanted them.

Another horrible Martinez signing
Strange one as he showed flashes of real potential, but a series of injuries hampered his playing time and apparently his development.

I always thought he’d be a good player, although the injuries might simply mask that he isn’t good enough; another one with an unjust cult status.

Wasn't this what messed up him moving to Middlesbrough on the last day of the window?

Crazy how these multi millionaires are quite happy to let their careers completely stall for the sake of a couple of grand.

Yes £6m was agreed according to some media sources. The deal was off in the last minute and became a loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.