2018/19 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did think like that once. But that very quickly evaporated when he came on against chelsea and tried to flick the ball back to the keeper from 40 yards out.
Another grafter who ended up not being even that good at that.

That was his first touch for us!

He is more than a grafter, he is a pretty cultured footballer with a good range of passing and two good feet.

Just needs to engage that brain a bit as your example proves.

He is more than a grafter, he is a pretty cultured footballer with a good range of passing and two good feet.

Yeah i was hopeful about him. So much so i bigged him up to a red work mate that we had bought a good player. Soon as the chelsea thing happened i got a text from the red asking me if this was the great signing
Look he couldnt even get a regular game at boro. Odd good game he's had count very little. Good players do it over long periods.

He has got loads of natural ability, probably one of the most gifted players in our squad.

No footballing brain though. Takes too many risks and when he is bad he can be really bad.

It's a shame as I think he could have been a top player, he needs to go and settle somewhere and get his career back on track.
Besic is such a frustrating story since you saw the potential he had but he was so badly managed. It was painful to follow his time in Everton and it is painful now reflecting on what happened. A complete shitshow but that is the past now. He is in such a weird place in his career right now and to be honest he should retire and do something else. Football is a waste of time for him since he will only feel he could have done better than where he is right now. I cant imagine him getting signed by a good club that can lift his career and also his agent is useless and costed him a transfer to Middlesbrough in the first place.

He still lacks a lot of routine as a central midfielder(remember that he was a central defender that Martinez wanted to reform into a central midfielder). Due to his many injuries that set him back a lot he still have the same footballing brain he had when he started for Everton. He has not made any progress, he makes the same misstakes and it is just frustrating to watch. He has his flashes of brilliance and where you think that he will possibly turn this around and make progress but then he either gets injured or something else happens that disrupts this and he is back to the same old player who does unintelligent decisions on the pitch.

I was a big fan of him but now rooting for him has become a joke for me. I will still buy every shirt of him for every team he has played but it will just be out of fun and not because I respect him as a footballer(that ship has sailed a long time ago)

Last i seen didnt Fulham want him and were even supposedly going to bid for him,sure i only saw a low amount that was going to be bid based on the report

Besic is such a frustrating story since you saw the potential he had but he was so badly managed. It was painful to follow his time in Everton and it is painful now reflecting on what happened. A complete shitshow but that is the past now. He is in such a weird place in his career right now and to be honest he should retire and do something else. Football is a waste of time for him since he will only feel he could have done better than where he is right now. I cant imagine him getting signed by a good club that can lift his career and also his agent is useless and costed him a transfer to Middlesbrough in the first place.

He still lacks a lot of routine as a central midfielder(remember that he was a central defender that Martinez wanted to reform into a central midfielder). Due to his many injuries that set him back a lot he still have the same footballing brain he had when he started for Everton. He has not made any progress, he makes the same misstakes and it is just frustrating to watch. He has his flashes of brilliance and where you think that he will possibly turn this around and make progress but then he either gets injured or something else happens that disrupts this and he is back to the same old player who does unintelligent decisions on the pitch.

I was a big fan of him but now rooting for him has become a joke for me. I will still buy every shirt of him for every team he has played but it will just be out of fun and not because I respect him as a footballer(that ship has sailed a long time ago)

Dont think he was ever that good to be honest.

Mid table championship is his level. A few years there and see where he is.

Stay where you are - I’ll ring your ward so they can recapture you!

I was of course being a bit silly, but he had some good games for us, City was the stand out and I recall a game versus Spurs where he came on as sub and won MOTM.

He was a very decent player for us, he of course had bad games and a lot of injuries and his greed prevented us from getting paid last summer, but I dont wish the fella any ill will personally, hes always tried his best for us on the pitch.

But yeah, hopefully we can move him and get a few pennies for him and hopefully he goes on to have a great career elsewhere.

I don’t think he’s a bad player and like you say he is quite good technically, he’s not good enough for us but I’m quite surprised he’s hard to shift. Thought a lower prem team would snap him up tbf for 5m or so it’s a good deal for a player that would make them stronger

Status
Not open for further replies.