Moyes Hints At Incoming Investment....????

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm at a loss sometimes over the whole 'take over' situation. If we got some one in, who cleared our debts, paid for A: regeneration of Goodison or B: Moved us to another location.. I think we'd lose out either way.

If the ground WAS by some minor miracle, allowed to be regenerated and we still got to play on our hallowed turf, then we'd lose revenue by shutting down parts of the ground. If we alternatively shifted to another part of the city, we'd lose our heritage and character. We've all had the misfortune of going to Eastlands or the Emirates. They look lovely on the outside and nice and roomy on the inside, but after a while, it feels like every other new ground - much like when you first stepped into the Echo Arena and then realised - it's just a small version of the M.E.N !! but quicker to get too!

But, much like your own family home that you were born and raised in, the one you knew every nook and cranny in and where to stash stuff and you knew all the neighbours and which corner shop sales assistant would sell you Marlboros before you were 16 and which wouldn't - sooner or later, your going to have to move home and start again, the family dynamic may of changed slightly ( cue baby sister, new dog), but at the heart of it, your still one big happy family. Everton to me are like that, so the moving of the ground , within reason, wouldn't both me as much as us being taken over and being over financed like Sheik City and we started buying players with no heart or fight in them for silly Monopoly money prices knowing the only passion they'd show, is when they rip open their bank statements every month !

Last edited:
See where you are coming from and kind of agree, and would like to see us build rather than buy success.
But sadly that is not how top flight football works now, outside of Man U Chelsea and Arsenal who else have won the premier league.
Leeds = spent beyond their means look where they ended up and Blackburn who also won it by spending.
Those 2 seasons we finished 5th is the closest we can possibly get without buying it IMO.
Even Tottenham who still have a chance of finishing top 4 this season are splashing the cash

Oh don't get me wrong born2b Blue, I'd love us to get a hot cash injection, but I would prefer it if he spent like has previously, like we've had no money - wisely. And didn't buy Santa Cruz type people for £30 + million etc.. but we spent it on ,maybe a Landon Donovan for £8m and V.D.V for £8m and I think with Moyes' commitment to being a Scottish version of Moe Szyslak, that he would be very shrewd in the transfer market and not like some fat kid let loose in the Cadbury's Gift shop :)

Last edited:
Oh don't get me wrong born2b Blue, I'd love us to get a hot cash injection, but I would prefer it if he spent like has previously, like we've had no money - wisely. And didn't buy Santa Cruz type people for £30 + million etc.. but we spent it on ,maybe a Landon Donovan for £8m and V.D.V for £8m and I think with with Moyes' commitment to being a Scottish version of Moe Szyslak, that he would be very shrewd in the transfer market and not like some fat kid let loose in the Cadbury's Gift shop :)

Problem is, if it's widely known that you have a hot cash injection, those sort of prices are no longer available to you. See the apparent price of Dzecko, to us, last summer, compared to what they wanted from City.

If we did ever get mega money, can you imagine how cringe worthy it would be to see players, who wouldn't touch us with a bargepole now, claim how we would be their 'dream move'? I wonder how many 'closet' Evertonians would be unearthed?

Problem is, if it's widely known that you have a hot cash injection, those sort of prices are no longer available to you. See the apparent price of Dzecko, to us, last summer, compared to what they wanted from City.

If we did ever get mega money, can you imagine how cringe worthy it would be to see players, who wouldn't touch us with a bargepole now, claim how we would be their 'dream move'? I wonder how many 'closet' Evertonians would be unearthed?

do you think a mega-bucks buyer would spend HIS money on Everton. they dont . have you heard of portsmouth, theyre from the south coast, a fella called Mandaric bought them and loads of new players, he walked away and the club went bust owing him millions.

do you think a mega-bucks buyer would spend HIS money on Everton. they dont . have you heard of portsmouth, theyre from the south coast, a fella called Mandaric bought them and loads of new players, he walked away and the club went bust owing him millions.

I never said that I did think that, Zed.

I'm saying, that when it's known a club has silly money, other clubs inflate prices.

Dushku was saying how he'd hope - if we were ever in a mega money situation - that we would try and be shrewd with it.

My point was, that becomes a near impossibility.

Oh don't get me wrong born2b Blue, I'd love us to get a hot cash injection, but I would prefer it if he spent like has previously, like we've had no money - wisely. And didn't buy Santa Cruz type people for £30 + million etc.. but we spent it on ,maybe a Landon Donovan for £8m and V.D.V for £8m and I think with Moyes' commitment to being a Scottish version of Moe Szyslak, that he would be very shrewd in the transfer market and not like some fat kid let loose in the Cadbury's Gift shop :)

This. ^
In an ideal world, we:

a) Keep following the path we seem to have chosen under Moyes. Meaning to keep improving on our academy. Scout the best british and foreign talent and bring them up the Everton way.

b Take a look at Spurs as our role model, rather than Man City.

c) Build for consistency (on the field that is), the Man Utd way.

d) Keep faith with Moyes and not sack him after the first string of bad results.

I never said that I did think that, Zed.

I'm saying, that when it's known a club has silly money, other clubs inflate prices.

Dushku was saying how he'd hope - if we were ever in a mega money situation - that we would try and be shrewd with it.

My point was, that becomes a near impossibility.

sorry mate, i mustve quoted the wrong post. my point is still the same. buyers/investors TAKE money out of the club. there aint no thing as a sugar daddy

The suggestions that our friends across the park may no longer be keen to relocate to anew stadium on Stanley Park, could rekindle interest in someone buying the club. Prospective buyers who have allegedly been put off because we have an old, falling down, ramshackle stadium ( with apologies to the old lady of Goodison) and no site for a new one, should be quick to seize on this prime location so close to our spiritual home. It makes senses - all we need is a rich sheik to rattle and roll asap

Last edited:
lol

Bill's getting flak - old friend gets wheeled out centre stage to try and calm the choppy waters of discontent. It's the Everton Way. This is the same feller who a few months back said we had no chance of a sale.

Unbelievable - and yet predictable at the same time.

Too true mate, let someone else stick their head up while BK stays down.

Status
Not open for further replies.