Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 trophies in the last 5 years. Yep he is finished. What has Silva won again?

Still came second last season, year before that one a European cup and a league cup. I wouldn't snjff my nose at that.
I didn't say he's finished, I said his best days are behind him, which is not an unreasonable assumption. I think the fella needs to take a break from the game for a while and see if he can reconnect with the old Jose, instead of the sour faced get of recent times.

Our bar is so low that the 2 semi finals Martinez got us to is seen as a success by some!

As if you wouldn’t take a proven winner over Marco Silva, some of you are proper mental.

All this “finished” and “busted flush” garbage, what? Based on his second place and FA cup final last season?

Honest to god, some of you should quit letting media form your opinions and get one of your own.

Evertonians saying “no” to the thought of this man as manager is as proper mental as it gets.

The irony of this post is immense.

Asking doubters to form an opinion of their own, hot on the heels of the same, lazy “proven winner” cliche that pundits and fans used to justify the return of Rooney is brilliant.

His days of inspiring underdogs to greatness are well and truly behind him. His last few jobs consisted of giving a new manager bounce to already established elite clubs/players. He then systematically alienated each dressing room until his situation became untenable and he walked away with a massive payoff.

He reduced a world-class midfielder to an absolute shambles with his man-management style but, yeah, I’m sure he’s willing to put in the hours on the training ground with Tom Davies.

The irony of this post is immense.

Asking doubters to form an opinion of their own, hot on the heels of the same, lazy “proven winner” cliche that pundits and fans used to justify the return of Rooney is brilliant.

His days of inspiring underdogs to greatness are well and truly behind him. His last few jobs consisted of giving a new manager bounce to already established elite clubs/players. He then systematically alienated each dressing room until his situation became untenable and he walked away with a massive payoff.

He reduced a world-class midfielder to an absolute shambles with his man-management style but, yeah, I’m sure he’s willing to put in the hours on the training ground with Tom Davies.

He didn’t win anything last season mate I know. Second in two competitions.

He won two trophies the season before. He is a “proven winner” that is undeniable and far from a lazy cliche.

Can't believe we are even having this discussion, stick with Silva he's only had six months in the job ffs.
If we are still in the same position this time next year then yes lets have that discussion, but this early is just plain daft.

He hopefully wouldn't even speak to Davies. He will have seen plenty enough of him to know he isn't up to helping us getting into the top 6.

He would be out on loan or sold to the championship instantly hopefully and someone who is proven or has the potential to get us there brought in.

He hopefully wouldn't even speak to Davies. He will have seen plenty enough of him to know he isn't up to helping us getting into the top 6.

He would be out on loan or sold to the championship instantly hopefully and someone who is proven or has the potential to get us there brought in.

Great, let the ego ostracise a young player at our club, cos that's worked super well in the past hasn't it?

Joke ...close thread :locked:

Can’t help feeling that there’s a certain incongruity here.
A formerly highly regarded manager is ignominiously sacked from his last two jobs being adjudged a failure in both.
His most recent club installs an interim manager who so far has transformed the side and has a 100% record.
Yet we are here wishing to appoint the failure as opposed to wondering whether we could nick the interim manager.
An old adage in football maintains that if you can’t sign a player in his prime it is better to sign one on the way up in preference to one on the way down, I think this is applicable to managers also.
All pie in the sky anyway of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.