Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won the League Cup and Europa League? *Runs away quickly*

I'm just jesting mate, I think he would be great. But he isn't coming so it is a pointless discussion. Kind of reminds me of the Ramsey stuff in the transfer thread, where some said he isn't good enough to be here and no top clubs would be after him... :oops:

No, but we are absolutely should take the position to think long term. Mourinho is great if you want to win a trophy over a short period of time even if that means adopting anti-football principles, and are happy to throw £500m for him to do that with. But if you want to extend that success beyond 2-3 years then expect to have to start all over again building a squad.

Yes he’s won things recently. With teams that have tier 1 players. In fact, with the squads at his disposal he’s done no more than what would be expected of him. He’ll achieve no such glory with this lot.

Mourinho was to United fans what Allardyce was to us. What Benitez was to Chelsea. A short term appointment disguised as a long term one (or not in Benitez’ case).

All three were always on a losing battle because they were hated before they joined the club. But all three achieved what they set out to, sort of. And could be considered hard done to in many respects. Mourinho and Benitez got United and Chelsea respectively back into the Champions League and winning silverware. Allardyce kept us up.

Mourinho wins silverware wherever he goes. Some clubs, quite rightly, deem that insufficient and set the bar higher. We’d give our back teeth for a cup run, it’s been 10 years since our last one.

He is still an excellent manager, one of the very best, and will command a top European job next. In fact, I’d strongly wager he wins another CL before he finishes. Juve, PSG, Barca or Bayern next.

After this United debacle, his hunger will be stronger than ever before to prove people wrong.

Mourinho was to United fans what Allardyce was to us. What Benitez was to Chelsea.

He was always on a losing battle there because he was hated before he joined the club.

Mourinho wins silverware wherever he goes. Some clubs, quite rightly, deem that insufficient and set the bar higher. We’d give our back teeth for a cup run, it’s been 10 years since our last one.

He is still an excellent manager, one of the very best, and will command a top European job next. In fact, I’d strongly wager he wins another CL before he finishes. Juve, PSG, Barca or Bayern next.

After this United debacle, his hunger will be stronger than ever before to prove people wrong.

Hated by the United fans before he joined?? You sure about that?! They were all made up from what i recall and regularly chanted his name up until this season...

Mourinho was to United fans what Allardyce was to us. What Benitez was to Chelsea. A short term appointment disguised as a long term one (or not in Benitez’ case).

All three were always on a losing battle because they were hated before they joined the club. But all three achieved what they set out to, sort of. And could be considered hard done to in many respects. Mourinho and Benitez got United and Chelsea respectively back into the Champions League and winning silverware. Allardyce kept us up.

If you have to do the latter bolded statement then it’s difficult to accept the former bolded statement is entirely true! Oh well, all hypothetical as he’s not coming here or to any other English club ever again. Now the Conte shouts....that I’d happily get behind!

Hated by the United fans before he joined?? You sure about that?! They were all made up from what i recall and regularly chanted his name up until this season...

Worked on the Stretford End for 7 years mate. All the ST holders couldn’t stand him going back to when he sprinted up the touchline with Porto. Used to sing ‘F off Mourinho” regularly. They only tolerated him because he guarenteed success and they really yearned for it after Moyes and LVG.

Why the negativity big blue nose...

Silva has to be given time to rebuild this side, we all know we need a striker desperately...

Another 4/5 players needed here before we are ready to take on top 6...
Can't wait for that big drive toward the top 6 under marvellous Marco.

If you have to do the latter bolded statement then it’s difficult to accept the former bolded statement is entirely true! Oh well, all hypothetical as he’s not coming here or to any other English club ever again. Now the Conte shouts....that I’d happily get behind!

That’s exactly my point - the majority don’t really know what they are talking about. It suited the press’ agenda to paint Mourinho as some clown who didn’t know what he is doing. As Neville pointed out, the problems at United are in the board room and the dressing room. No manager alone will change that.

Conte didn’t enjoy England. Mourinho knows this is the best league in the world and I think we’ll see him back with Chelsea or City before his time is up. If not, i still think he will go on to PSG or Bayern and win leagues and european cups again.

mourinho is too defensive minded

i would like us to try and get marco rose at red bull salzburg

Another Marco who's only real success has been in a European pub league. Great.

We'll see how the season goes. If we want to replace Silva then, and he's still available, Mourinho is certainly worth a call.

The problem is with the players at his previous teams they've all had big egos and personalities.

Here most are spineless weasels. He wouldn't have any issues stamping his way of doing things with the bunch we have.

Mourinho in.

Status
Not open for further replies.