Most talented player we've had in the PL era?

Most talented player we've had in the PL era?

• Total voters
There are 3 stand outs on the list for me, given the question is based around talent. Rooney, James Rodrigues and Kanchelskis.

For talent, I will have to join the group of those that say it is Rooney - comfortably.

I've never seen talent like it at 16. I'd be interested to hear of any other players who were genuinely on his level before the age of 18 other than Pele. There may be a few, but i'm sure Messi only truly broke through at around 18-19, and Cristiano Ronaldo wasn't as good as Rooney even at 18. Mbappe has achieved amazing things at his age, but again, think it was from 18 onwards and I didn't see the pure footballing talent from him that Rooney had at such a young age.

As quite a few others have said, although Rooney and Ferguson combined to make Rooney in to an outstanding and efficient all time great, I think Ferguson actually sacrificed Rooney's raw talent that should have had him in the overall conversation with Messi and C Ronaldo. Messi was on a different level altogether but I think Rooney should have got himself firmly in that conversation with those 2 and don't think he did.

As for James, he was a phenomenal talent too, it was a privilege to watch how effortless he could play through balls and his vision. Aside from Deulofeu, we haven't had a player who could effortlesly carve open a defence with a pass for decades. Kanchelskis was outstanding in the season before he joined us, and the first season he had with us, but I just don't think talent wise he was on the level of Rooney or James.

There are 3 stand outs on the list for me, given the question is based around talent. Rooney, James Rodrigues and Kanchelskis.

For talent, I will have to join the group of those that say it is Rooney - comfortably.

I've never seen talent like it at 16. I'd be interested to hear of any other players who were genuinely on his level before the age of 18 other than Pele. There may be a few, but i'm sure Messi only truly broke through at around 18-19, and Cristiano Ronaldo wasn't as good as Rooney even at 18. Mbappe has achieved amazing things at his age, but again, think it was from 18 onwards and I didn't see the pure footballing talent from him that Rooney had at such a young age.

As quite a few others have said, although Rooney and Ferguson combined to make Rooney in to an outstanding and efficient all time great, I think Ferguson actually sacrificed Rooney's raw talent that should have had him in the overall conversation with Messi and C Ronaldo. Messi was on a different level altogether but I think Rooney should have got himself firmly in that conversation with those 2 and don't think he did.

As for James, he was a phenomenal talent too, it was a privilege to watch how effortless he could play through balls and his vision. Aside from Deulofeu, we haven't had a player who could effortlesly carve open a defence with a pass for decades. Kanchelskis was outstanding in the season before he joined us, and the first season he had with us, but I just don't think talent wise he was on the level of Rooney or James.
It’s a disgrace how Ferguson abused Rooney’s trust. He should have sacrificed Ronaldo for Wayne, not the other way around.

I experienced Everton in the prem and I can firmly say its down to Rooney and James. Two very different players... I think on raw talent James just edges it. Wish I had seen him in person.

Rooney is levels above the rest.
I think Rooney was unbelievable and probably should have been even better than he was , potentially a generational talent but did we see the best of him ? I know he was young but I’m not convinced we did , united fans got the glory years really . The lad who scored the debut hat trick for united looks miles ahead of the kid who’d played the previous dozen games for us .

As I said earlier for me kanchelskis is the only player who whilst with us really pushes at that 80’s squad for the best XI or squad . I do think for talent though james, just skill not overall ability and the rest , takes some beating .