The most exciting forward line we’ve had in years?

Which attack was more exciting?

• Lukaku, Barkley, Deulofeu etc

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Today’s squad

Votes: 50 59.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deco

Player Valuation: £40m
After just reading the quotes from Marco on Richarlison’s mindset:
“He is a player who puts a lot of pressure on himself, no doubts,”.

“And sometimes he puts more pressure on himself than he deserves. Sometimes he is not fair on himself but it is his way and he puts a lot of pressure on himself to score goals, to win football matches and I know him very well.

“He is a player if you don't achieve a result, or if he doesn't perform well, he doesn't go home like everything is normal.”

It’s reminded me how we have one of the best young attackers in the world - Brazil’s next big star who already plays every game for them and scored the pen to win them the Copa America.

He, alongside:
  • Gylfi - coming off a great season and has a better attack to feed, has his critics but unplayable on his day.
  • Kean - I still can’t believe we pulled that one off. He was Juve and Italy’s next big thing.
  • Iwobi - another exciting young player who has learned a lot over the years with Arsenal.
  • Bernard - absolutely magic at times and if he found his shooting boots he’d already be playing for Real.
  • DCL - splits opinion like no other but I personally saw so much improvement from him last season that I think he could be brilliant for us.
When comparing these attackers with the one with Lukaku, Barkley, Deulofeu - which was amazing at times and if we kept them together we could’ve had a great team - I’m interested to see which group of players people think was/is/could/could’ve been better?

Personally I think if this attack clicks we’ll be right in the mix with the top 6.

After just reading the quotes from Marco on Richarlison’s mindset:

It’s reminded me how we have one of the best young attackers in the world - Brazil’s next big star who already plays every game for them and scored the pen to win them the Copa America.

He, alongside:
  • Gylfi - coming off a great season and has a better attack to feed, has his critics but unplayable on his day.
  • Kean - I still can’t believe we pulled that one off. He was Juve and Italy’s next big thing.
  • Iwobi - another exciting young player who has learned a lot over the years with Arsenal.
  • Bernard - absolutely magic at times and if he found his shooting boots he’d already be playing for Real.
  • DCL - splits opinion like no other but I personally saw so much improvement from him last season that I think he could be brilliant for us.
When comparing these attackers with the one with Lukaku, Barkley, Deulofeu - which was amazing at times and if we kept them together we could’ve had a great team - I’m interested to see which group of players people think was/is/could/could’ve been better?

Personally I think if this attack clicks we’ll be right in the mix with the top 6.
Think we need to score a goal or 2 before they are given that status.

Think we need to score a goal or 2 before they are given that status.

This really. I want to see it click on the pitch before I start making any kind of statement about their quality. Rich and Gylfi were very good for the latter part of last season, Bernard oozes quality but doesn't have much end product, and we have no idea how good Kean will be. There's clearly talent there, but I want to see us battering teams like Watford at home first.

It's a good question. Back in Roberto's first season we had games where Lukaku, Barkley, Deulofeu and Mirallas combined to create some pretty exciting football. There wasn't any depth behind them however: McGeady, Kone, Niasse, Magaye Gueye, Lacina Traore? All bobbins. Naismith and Ossie couldn't be faulted for commitment but were limited. Pienaar was at the end of his career.

This current crop have the potential to be better, but at the moment it's just potential. Richarlison is obviously quality, Sigurdsson will deliver a decent number of goals and assists every season... but DCL hasn't hit the heights, Kean is untested, Bernard needs to start racking up goals and assists, Iwobi has been here five minutes. Walcott and Tosun are baggage.

Time will tell.

@Deco

The real superstars are hopefully going to be Richarlison and Kean. If we can keep hold of them + one more player emerges then we would have a POTENTIALLY world class forward line.

I wonder if Bernard / Iwobi can hit the top levels over the season...

@Deco

The real superstars are hopefully going to be Richarlison and Kean. If we can keep hold of them + one more player emerges then we would have a POTENTIALLY world class forward line.

I wonder if Bernard / Iwobi can hit the top levels over the season...

Why do we need to add one more for it to be world class? What’s wrong with Bernard?

Status
Not open for further replies.