2019/20 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
His movement is that non - existent it's as if someone draws a white spot on the pitch and says to him "you stand on spot, and don't move off it"

....very interesting point is that. The true defensive midfielder has to almost have that discipline. I remember Fellaini being asked to play that role and saying he didn’t have the discipline to stay in a restricted area. Cattermole said the same at Sunderkand.

Based on your observation, I wonder if Silva asked him to play that defensive role. It’s one I suggested last week that Delph should play.

I think he's undroppable as long as Gbamin is out. I don't think Gomes and Delph have enough defensive play to their games.

I'd still like to see him behind Gomes and Delph with Sigurdsson taking Gordon's place in the u23s and Gordon on the bench.

....very interesting point is that. The true defensive midfielder has to almost have that discipline. I remember Fellaini being asked to play that role and saying he didn’t have the discipline to stay in a restricted area. Cattermole said the same at Sunderkand.

Based on your observation, I wonder if Silva asked him to play that defensive role. It’s one I suggested last week that Delph should play.

I always thought his job was to protect the back 4 eggs, he did okay today though. Even if he's being told to play in a more restricted role, he's still too static for me, also, a lot of the time he doesn't actually look that arsed, maybe it's just me. Someone said today that if we had better players in front of him then we'd see a better player, I just don't see that.

I agree with you on Delph mate.

I’m sorry, but some of you are so desperate for him to do well just so you can say “I told you so.” Two tackles between he and Delph, giving gilt-edged chances galore and a 6.10 match rating to boot. Add to that yet another red card challenge, and we were lucky not to be a man down.

The only positive thing I can say about he and Delph today is that they were somewhat organized, which is the least that is expected when you park the bus. Of course people are going to sing his praise. We were on the backfoot for 90 percent of the game, so he was in the thick of the action. Our midfield is dog excrement and the sooner he is gone the better.

He's another one that's incredibly frustrating,
He's got the physicality and technical ability to be a classy, ball winning, tempo dictating centre mid,
What he clearly lacks is the mentality to go out and impose himself in the right way and run a game

The point that Neville made in commentarty was spot on, why is he passing backwards under no pressure whatsoever? Whatever player he was at Southampton, he's a shadow of that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.