2019/20 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did alright but then he always does against the better team's because his job is to just sit there. It's against everyone else that he's usually awful with the sideways passing, lack of protection for the back four.

You are correct about the movement but lets not pretend MS would be threading through balls all over the show because we both know it would be a false claim.
I believe their was a stat last year were he played one of the highest number of forward balls in our team

Because the cowards up top don't make themselves available for a pass, horrendous movement
Morgan isn't the most dynamic of players, but if we continue to lethargically move around the pitch with our predictable play then it's a difficult task to pick a pass.

Personally, I felt that him and Delph played relatively well today and stood up to their midfield; our lack of prowess up front was the primary failing, again.

Best game he has played for an age yesterday, he was actually one of our better players I thought. I would still bin him at the earliest opportunity though

....very interesting point is that. The true defensive midfielder has to almost have that discipline. I remember Fellaini being asked to play that role and saying he didn’t have the discipline to stay in a restricted area. Cattermole said the same at Sunderkand.

Based on your observation, I wonder if Silva asked him to play that defensive role. It’s one I suggested last week that Delph should play.

...and one of the better tacticians on GOT has spotted it again. He was playing to Silvas orders. So another credit for the much maligned,unfairly, Silva for getting a tune out of Schneiderlin when previous managers couldn't. I thought he was excellent yesterday, and has even got back the little touch of snide that was predominant early in his career.

He’s better against good teams where they don’t just sit back. There is a point to crab passing yesterday other than retaining possession.

I’d not play him against anyone who wasn’t in the top 8 last season.

Not his biggest fan but he was sound yesterday and done very well and more importantly got stuck in

Its quite disgusting he got hauled off over siggy though. I know he was chasing a goal but i would have even put delph a bit further forward over siggy he was offering nothing again

Status
Not open for further replies.