2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a bad signing. Happens all the time but a lot to EFC in recent times.

In decades before a bad signing was not a really big matter but now because of wage inflation it is
a massive hole. This signing will probably have cost EFC nearly 50 million quid by the end. Say the Bolasie
deal is about the same and we have 100 million down the tube for next to nothing. A new ground costs about 300-350 million
so that is the scale of the problem. Throw in Siggi and it becomes scary.

If I were Morgan and knew that my best days were way behind me I would sit it out too and watch the bank
account build up. The balance of power is clearly with him and not the club.

Must be the fully fit player with the highest pounds-per-minutes-played ratio in Europe. Decent effort tbf.

A guaranteed minimum of 200 million Pounds wasted on the signings and wages for Bolasie, Keane, Sandro and Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin. No wonder we can't afford a new stadium.

To show my calculations:

Bolasie 27m + 4 years of around 75k a week (16m) = 43m
Keane 30m + 4 years of around 75k a week (16m) = 46m
Sandro 5m + 4 years of 120k a week (25m) = 30m
Sigurdsson 40m + 4 years of 80k a week (17m) = 57m
Schneiderlin 20m + 4 years of 100k a week (21m)

122m in fees + 95m in wages

= 217m.

Maybe we can take away a total of 10m from Bolasie and Sandro wages on account of loaning them out for 2/3 years.

What fabulous investments, Everton.

Dave, I remember you saying, at the time Koeman was pursuing him as relentlessly as he had pursued Iceland and Bolasie the previous summer, that he was way overpriced and not a good signing anyway.
I have never been able to understand people not believing their own eyes when evaluating a player but, rather, preferring to go with all the OPTA stats baloney.

If anyone had seen Schneiderlin play before he arrived at Everton they'd have seen a Championship player (which he was brought to England as) who did the basic nuts and bolts job of tackling and passing to team mates. Football clubs should be churning out scores of these players because they have no exceptional talent - they're just busy. Clubs should be paying big money to bring players in with the type of creative talent that is beyond the norm.

Scheiderlin's career and the clubs he's attarcted is a great example of how the PL has become so financially bloated and thoughtless.

I have never been able to understand people not believing their own eyes when evaluating a player but, rather, preferring to go with all the OPTA stats baloney.

If anyone had seen Schneiderlin play before he arrived at Everton they'd have seen a Championship player (which he was brought to England as) who did the basic nuts and bolts job of tackling and passing to team mates. Football clubs should be churning out scores of these players because they have no exceptional talent - they're just busy. Clubs should be paying big money to bring players in with the type of creative talent that is beyond the norm.

Scheiderlin's career and the clubs he's attarcted is a great example of how the PL has become so financially bloated and thoughtless.
Stats only provide some level of objectivity and/or an efficient way to target players. There is always context, judgement, personality, so many other factors. But let's face it, a lot of people's judgement is just way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.