2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crazy part about it is that Silva clearly had him in his plans and considered him when he first got here. How bad must he have been for him to be completely ignored.

A guaranteed minimum of 200 million Pounds wasted on the signings and wages for Bolasie, Keane, Sandro and Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin. No wonder we can't afford a new stadium.

To show my calculations:

Bolasie 27m + 4 years of around 75k a week (16m) = 43m
Keane 30m + 4 years of around 75k a week (16m) = 46m
Sandro 5m + 4 years of 120k a week (25m) = 30m
Sigurdsson 40m + 4 years of 80k a week (17m) = 57m
Schneiderlin 20m + 4 years of 100k a week (21m)

122m in fees + 95m in wages

= 217m.

Maybe we can take away a total of 10m from Bolasie and Sandro wages on account of loaning them out for 2/3 years.

What fabulous investments, Everton.

I dont think one can put siggy in that bracket. He might not be playing pariculary well lately but is nothing near the rest of those players.

Think that's debatable, but he was definitely much better. Morgan has no such excuse.

again was he? before his injury he was a talentless winger with no end product with ridiculously bad step overs

after his injury he was a talentless winger with no end product with ridiculously bad step overs that could no longer even run

Stats only provide some level of objectivity and/or an efficient way to target players. There is always context, judgement, personality, so many other factors. But let's face it, a lot of people's judgement is just way off.
It's the valuation of these basic players that gets me. Obvioulsy you have t have a blend, but, as said, it's basic stuff they do and no club like Everto should be throwing £25M at a player like that when we should have an academy churning them out on a production line basis.

It's the valuation of these basic players that gets me. Obvioulsy you have t have a blend, but, as said, it's basic stuff they do and no club like Everto should be throwing £25M at a player like that when we should have an academy churning them out on a production line basis.
Clearly these was a failure at some level. To me, it was probably not statistical. The blatant lack of athleticism of these players Walsh brought in is hard to quantify. Although someone could measure Keane's sprint speed and think it means lack when his anticipation is crap and his agility may be worse.

again was he? before his injury he was a talentless winger with no end product with ridiculously bad step overs

after his injury he was a talentless winger with no end product with ridiculously bad step overs that could no longer even run
Would you say he's better now?

He came here for one last big pay day. Never had any desire to do well. Once the going got the slightest bit tough he downed tools completely and permanently.

I had such high hopes too but he's emblematic of the types of signings we need to avoid like the plague from now on - journeyman players at the age of 28/29 looking for idiots to milk a contract from based on days long gone. Bolasie is the other prime example of that.

he is the core problem to squad disharmony in terms of remuneration and productivity. Player on half his wages might wonder why they need to work as hard when they see someone like him doing nothing and earning twice as much.

And when he got the chance to play, others will wonder why they need to put in twice the effort on the pitch when this scum is throttling around at half speed.

The cull starts with him if we were to ever rid our squad of negative influence. Absolute pure madness to keep him around and be infectious.

no, and I wouldn't say he's any worse because he is equally terrible

so if someone who's terrible gets injured and comes back still terrible how can his excuse be his injury?

just making it up as your going along you lad
Yeah, sorry for attempting to use simple logic. There is only bad, not degrees of bad, and Bolasie is bad. Bad bad bad.

So Morgan Schneiderlin...

Status
Not open for further replies.