2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I agree with that. The mythical Iceman is in the position to be doing that but doesn't which leaves it to Gana, Davies, or Morgan to attempt things they don't do.

I'm sure Gana has played more forward balls and started more attacks than any of the midfielders.

But as for Morgan, he's not changed since last season. He's just not a very good defensive mid anymore. Maybe it's a yard of pace he's lost, he's certainly not combative enough, and doesn't win enough tackles.

I honestly think when Benigame gets fit, he'll be in straight away over hi..
That's really all it is. He's too slow, he's not good enough in the tackle, it's not some strange mystery. He's simply not a good enough athlete to play DM for us. It's not too disimilar to Barry at the end when he was just too darn slow to be effective, even if he still had the killer ball in him. Morgan has some qualities with the ball at his feet, decent passing range - not dangerous as a passer like Barry of course - but is just a HUGE dropoff from Gana at DM. That's why Davies has to play as he's the only 8 we have and we NEED Gana to play defensive mid.

That's really all it is. He's too slow, he's not good enough in the tackle, it's not some strange mystery. He's simply not a good enough athlete to play DM for us. It's not too disimilar to Barry at the end when he was just too darn slow to be effective, even if he still had the killer ball in him. Morgan has some qualities with the ball at his feet, decent passing range - not dangerous as a passer like Barry of course - but is just a HUGE dropoff from Gana at DM. That's why Davies has to play as he's the only 8 we have and we NEED Gana to play defensive mid.

Absolutely. He's got legs, energy, gets up and down, can help out in both boxes (debatable about at what level) which is more than what we have to offer the middle of the park.

A popular scapegoat.

He is in the team to play 10-15 yard balls and retain possession. He does that, but the frustrations among the fanbase are increased when there is a lack of attacking intent from the rest of the team and then they expect players like Schneiderlin to produce creativity which he just doesn't have in his game.

Having said that, I only see a place in the team for the vast majority of games for one of him, Gana and Davies, and for me i'd go with Gana every time as he has a lot more energy and is just better in that role.
Wrong. I hate him b/c of complete lack of effort and not being arsed

Is Gomes only here on loan? One of the signings, as well as Zouma was a loan?

Yes he's on loan. But even if we don't sign Gomes permanently, we will sign a different midfielder instead. Brands actually has logic to his recruitment unlike Walsh throwing around cash like he's in Vegas.

The same goes for Zouma.

But I've confidence that if we do want either of them permanently then we can afford them, and we'll probably get them.

Is Gomes only here on loan? One of the signings, as well as Zouma was a loan?
Yes both of them are loans. The thing with both of them is that both of them are probably unwanted by the current managers at their clubs so we could bring them back if they do well.

An exhausted Bernard is twice as good as a fully fit Morgan. What was the point of the substitution?

Crimhead has nailed it above. Too slow, not a forward pass in his body, poor in the air, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.