2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest Schneiderlin's (NB I call him Oscar- after the bloke with that list) is preoccupied. He seems a little remote, distracted. I understand his father recently (and sadly) passed away and I'm wondering how much that has affected him. What's his relationship with his partner like? Is he/she providing Oscar with the support he might be needing? I hope so.
They say time is a great healer and time is what I suggest Evertonians, thronging GP, extend to Oscar. He's too good a player to remain in subdued doldrums over-long.

I suggest Schneiderlin's (NB I call him Oscar- after the bloke with that list) is preoccupied. He seems a little remote, distracted. I understand his father recently (and sadly) passed away and I'm wondering how much that has affected him. What's his relationship with his partner like? Is he/she providing Oscar with the support he might be needing? I hope so.
They say time is a great healer and time is what I suggest Evertonians, thronging GP, extend to Oscar. He's too good a player to remain in subdued doldrums over-long.
Apart from his first season he’s been utter gash.

A popular scapegoat.

He is in the team to play 10-15 yard balls and retain possession. He does that, but the frustrations among the fanbase are increased when there is a lack of attacking intent from the rest of the team and then they expect players like Schneiderlin to produce creativity which he just doesn't have in his game.

Having said that, I only see a place in the team for the vast majority of games for one of him, Gana and Davies, and for me i'd go with Gana every time as he has a lot more energy and is just better in that role.

Thought the yellow card ruined his game, before that he was winning back poessesion but ref pulled him for persistent fouling.

The fact our team cant attack is not his fault, hes there to win the ball and keep the ball, he generally does that.
Although he could have prevented the goal if he reacted quicker.
However kenny was also at fault for the goal

A popular scapegoat.

He is in the team to play 10-15 yard balls and retain possession. He does that, but the frustrations among the fanbase are increased when there is a lack of attacking intent from the rest of the team and then they expect players like Schneiderlin to produce creativity which he just doesn't have in his game.

Having said that, I only see a place in the team for the vast majority of games for one of him, Gana and Davies, and for me i'd go with Gana every time as he has a lot more energy and is just better in that role.

He jockies space for 90mins. That's the problem with him.

He jockies space for 90mins. That's the problem with him.

There are 2 aspects to it. One is that he is not showing enough, along with many of our players, and I accept that. But our fans also place unrealistic expectations on certain types of players. As I said, he's in the team primarily to win the ball and lay it off to better players. He has a long range floated pass in him that Gana and Davies don't seem to, but he isn't providing enough for the team to warrant a start and I would start Gana ahead of him. Then have Sigurdsson alongside Gana.

But our fans seem to expect our defensive centre midfielders like Gana and Schneiderlin to drive forward and create attacks through 15-20 yard balls when they aren't that type of player. Our managers have decided that they don't want to address that position so for me, they are the ones culpable. With the unrealistic expectation, i.e expecting him to do things he's not capable of, or in the team for, is like expecting Bernard to fly in to 50-50's. He's not in the team for that, that's for the likes of Gana, Kenny, Zouma to excel at.

There are 2 aspects to it. One is that he is not showing enough, along with many of our players, and I accept that. But our fans also place unrealistic expectations on certain types of players. As I said, he's in the team primarily to win the ball and lay it off to better players. He has a long range floated pass in him that Gana and Davies don't seem to, but he isn't providing enough for the team to warrant a start and I would start Gana ahead of him. Then have Sigurdsson alongside Gana.

But our fans seem to expect our defensive centre midfielders like Gana and Schneiderlin to drive forward and create attacks through 15-20 yard balls when they aren't that type of player. Our managers have decided that they don't want to address that position so for me, they are the ones culpable. With the unrealistic expectation, i.e expecting him to do things he's not capable of, or in the team for, is like expecting Bernard to fly in to 50-50's. He's not in the team for that, that's for the likes of Gana, Kenny, Zouma to excel at.

No I agree with that. The mythical Iceman is in the position to be doing that but doesn't which leaves it to Gana, Davies, or Morgan to attempt things they don't do.

I'm sure Gana has played more forward balls and started more attacks than any of the midfielders.

But as for Morgan, he's not changed since last season. He's just not a very good defensive mid anymore. Maybe it's a yard of pace he's lost, he's certainly not combative enough, and doesn't win enough tackles.

I honestly think when Benigame gets fit, he'll be in straight away over hi..

Status
Not open for further replies.