2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the penny dropped with him at the back end of last season, that nobody is cuing up to buy him for a decent fee (and wages) from France and he could very quickly end up in Everton's reserves. Whether the turnaround will be enough to save his Everton career remains to be seen. I suspect he might go at the end of the window to France for a reasonable fee.

All the time he stays though he has my support and hopefully he keeps his form up.
I was keen him at first but last season really shook my faith in him having than vital hunger for success that top players have and that we desperately need our players to show. He was much better yesterday in fairness and put himself around a bit. But he still blows hot and cold and no sooner do you think he is really upping his game than you see something that reminds you of his weaknesses. Very frustrating. He still does not seem that bothered in marking a man that passes him or chasing a lost cause. Marco may well get a bit more out of him for a while but I think you might be right that he has got one eye on a move back to France sooner rather than later. One way or another I am sure Marco will be after a more productive player as soon as he can.

I was keen him at first but last season really shook my faith in him having than vital hunger for success that top players have and that we desperately need our players to show. He was much better yesterday in fairness and put himself around a bit. But he still blows hot and cold and no sooner do you think he is really upping his game than you see something that reminds you of his weaknesses. Very frustrating. He still does not seem that bothered in marking a man that passes him or chasing a lost cause. Marco may well get a bit more out of him for a while but I think you might be right that he has got one eye on a move back to France sooner rather than later. One way or another I am sure Marco will be after a more productive player as soon as he can.

I always want to give our players a chance, but he really doesn't seem to have a particular style? What's his skill, style? He doesn't seem to be a shield, or to make the team tick, or to drive us forward.

He offers vertualy nothing in the team.He receives the ball from the keeper or defence and wants rid straight away mostly to the nearest player hes facing which generally is backwards or sideways.Very rarely will he ever turn on the ball to look for better options especially when Wolves werent putting Everton under much pressure in the Everton half it was a great oppertunity to do so. In fact he stems counter attacks by taking the sting out of the play allowing opposition defences to retreat into position instead of looking for players in space or through balls instead of getting rid of the ball to whoevers next to him in a blue shirt.

Completely different roles in their teams zat. That’s like saying compare what Holgate did to Jimenez. I don’t like him, but at least acknowledge when he plays at worst decent. Thought he did well given the job.

Gana is the ball winner and Schneiderlin is there to dictate play (I guess...im not actually sure what he does as hes useless) which is the same deep defensive midfield position which Neves was in.

So as they play in the same position its not the same as comparing a centre back to a centre forward.

I actually thought he was good on Saturday...

When we went down to 10 he was.

Before that he was totally anonymous, and in that role we need a player willing to get on the ball. People have been slating Pickford for going long too often, but he has no options in front of him to go short (especially when it is the calamity duo of Keane and Jagielka). It impacts our whole team then, including the forward line/Gylfi.

Schneiderlin's stand out display last season came against Chelsea at home, when we were backs to the wall for 90 minutes and he could concentrate on defending. It was the same again in the second half on Saturday.

For some reason, he's just never recaptured that form from early 2017 when he ran games for us - got on the ball and dictated the tempo.

Wouldn't say good, he was decent tho.

Love the way everybody is writing off the players after 1 game under a new manager when we played with 10 men for most of it.

Agree with that, though I think with Schneiderlin we kind of know the script...

I think he played well for the situation we were in in the 2nd half. But he needs to step up and start getting on the ball/offering for it if he's to stay in the team imo.

Wouldn't say good, he was decent tho.

Love the way everybody is writing off the players after 1 game under a new manager when we played with 10 men for most of it.
I liked how at one point he was on the deck stretching out his calf at about the 85th minute mark, shows he put a shift in which is unusual for him.

Gana is the ball winner and Schneiderlin is there to dictate play (I guess...im not actually sure what he does as hes useless) which is the same deep defensive midfield position which Neves was in.

So as they play in the same position its not the same as comparing a centre back to a centre forward.

Hopefully Gomes will come in and do what MS should be doing in terms of dictating the play (or, at least, offer competition so MS steps up).

Status
Not open for further replies.